Thread: New pacmans

Nationality
    [United States]

Default New pacmans

Came home with not one, but two small, young pacman frogs. One is about 1 1/4 inches, the other is more like 2 inches (the fatter one). One was labeled as an ornate, the other wasn't labeled and the clerk didn't know. Pet store purchases but they seem to be healthy and explored their surroundings before settling in a corner. The smaller one has dug himself into the coco-earth in a corner.

Both are currently set up in 2 1/2 gallon aquariums (temporary until they grow a bit), with about 1 1/2 inches of coco-earth, a soaking bowl, and a half log hideout, plus a 4 watt UTH heater on one side but away from the soaking bowl.

A couple of pics:
    Name:  pacman2.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  150.8 KBName:  pacman1.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  186.2 KB

Do they both look like ornates? They are almost identically marked. I'm looking forward to watching these grow up!

Next on my wish list are chubby frogs, but they will have to wait as this is it for the foreseeable future.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: New pacmans

Quote Originally Posted by emandkel View Post
    Came home with not one, but two small, young pacman frogs. One is about 1 1/4 inches, the other is more like 2 inches (the fatter one). One was labeled as an ornate, the other wasn't labeled and the clerk didn't know. Pet store purchases but they seem to be healthy and explored their surroundings before settling in a corner. The smaller one has dug himself into the coco-earth in a corner.

Both are currently set up in 2 1/2 gallon aquariums (temporary until they grow a bit), with about 1 1/2 inches of coco-earth, a soaking bowl, and a half log hideout, plus a 4 watt UTH heater on one side but away from the soaking bowl.

A couple of pics:
    Name:  pacman2.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  150.8 KBName:  pacman1.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  186.2 KB

Do they both look like ornates? They are almost identically marked. I'm looking foreword to watching these grow up!

Next on my wish list are chubby frogs, but they will have to wait as this is it for the foreseeable future.
    Definitely nog Ornates. The first one is a Green C. Cranwelli and the second one is a hybrid called a Green Apple. Its a cross between C. Cranwelli and C. Joazeirensis(Caatinga). Both look very nice. The Green Cranwelli could use some fattening up.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Grif is right

Nationality
    [United States]

Nice frogs
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Nationality
    [United States]

Thanks for the comments and info. I really don't care what they are as long as they are healthy. I mean, I would like to know what they are but if the one was mislabeled at the pet store that's ok (the other was just labeled as a pacman, no scientific name given). I will say though I think I saw an ornate? today, a bit bigger maybe 2 1/2 to 3 inches long, same chain but different location that I got the green apple from. Very pretty markings, green with dark markings with some red.

I said no more frogs, didn't I? It is still there but it's tempting.

Nationality
    [United States]

I could resist no more, here is my third pacman frog. It is about just over 2 inches I think. Is this considered an ornate? I haven't found enough pictures to really tell the difference.

Name:  pacman3.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  227.2 KB

My little green Cranwelli goes after it's crickets and is an eager eater, it ate about 6+ small crickets last night. My green apple (about 1 1/2 inches versus 2 inches I said before, quite a bit smaller than my new one) waits until the cricket is in front of its mouth. The new one I haven't tried to feed, in the pet store it had several crickets in it's enclosure so I figured it wasn't hungry. It is in a 10-gallon with a heat pad on the side of the back.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by emandkel View Post
    I could resist no more, here is my third pacman frog. It is about just over 2 inches I think. Is this considered an ornate? I haven't found enough pictures to really tell the difference.

Name:  pacman3.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  227.2 KB

My little green Cranwelli goes after it's crickets and is an eager eater, it ate about 6+ small crickets last night. My green apple (about 1 1/2 inches versus 2 inches I said before, quite a bit smaller than my new one) waits until the cricket is in front of its mouth. The new one I haven't tried to feed, in the pet store it had several crickets in it's enclosure so I figured it wasn't hungry. It is in a 10-gallon with a heat pad on the side of the back.
    Congrats

This new buddy of yours is an actual Ornate.

pacman90

how can you tell the difference between the species? their markings? just curious lol, i would like to kno for future reference if/when i go to buy more some pet stores dont even kno so they just put "Pacman"

Nationality
    [United States]

Mostly their markings but also their skull and body shape, horns, size... it gets much easier with time. For instance, Ornates always have a dot behind each eye. Cornutas have dark, solid throats. Etc.

Pet stores are notorious for mislabeling Pacs. Sometimes to inflate the price, but usually out of complete ignorance. It is usually better to buy from a reputable breeder.

pacman90

ahh ok thnx, i was wondering because as i said in my introduction post i was told mine was a fantasy, and wanted to make sure i didnt get ripped on a price which yall said his price was good lol but thanx again Grif, you should be herp. lol

Thread Information