Thread: got a problem with my red eyes

mrzoggs

Default got a problem with my red eyes

one of them has had trouble climbing. well...sticking i should say. when she gets out her water she cannot stick at all on the glass. she hasnt been able to get up there. i looked at her today and her front feet werent underneath her like usual. her toes are bent back a little bit.

humidity is right, temperature is right, i use calcium with d3, they are in a 30 gallon tubberwear right now since im doing a false bottom and everything with the other tank. i emailed dr frye. he said hes more of a dart guy but he has a sneaky suspicion its a metabolic disorder and i should get multivitamens also not just calcium powder. anyone else had this problem before? and is it permanent?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Charlotte Benedict

Default Re: got a problem with my red eyes

If it is only when she gets out of the water, than don't worry. It just means she is wet and the sticky pads on her are slippery. If she is having problems climbing in general, not when she is wet, than is might be an issue.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Continue dusting with your calcium/vita D every other feeding and try the multivitamin on e a week. It may be bc of the plastic texture. I bet she'll be able to climb the glass easy. Does she have a plant in her current container? She may like one since she's not sticking well. She might also have substrate on her feet it you have it in there.
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

mrzoggs

yes the only thing she can get on is the plant. she spends most of her time on the leaf thats almost touching the floor. im guessing its just easy for her. he can climb the walls like spiderman no problem. the one thing im worried about is her toes being bent backwards. not touching the leaf while she lays on it and not touching the ground when she walks.

InfinitysDaughter

I'm no expert but that sounds like a bone thing. Possibly a genetic malformation. If shes still very young then it could possibly be fixed by making sure she eats a good amount of gut loaded and dusted crickets but its possible it may never be right.

Like I said, I'm no expert it just sounds more like a deformity to me, sadly. If she can eat, poop, and get in the water to soak then it probably wont be a major issue for her life. Just make sure there are enough low hanging leaves that she can get up on and feel some sembolence of normality.

Yusil

She doesn't want to walk on the ground/floor? Maybe she is a little stressed? As for the climbing issue, my frogs can't climb plastic all that well, I'm not sure if that's a general issue for all tree frogs/amphibians with sticky pads[Kind of like what Heather suggested], but that could be it, and especially when the plastic is misted, they always slide down the side like a ninja .

If her toes are consistantly flipped or folded back or under her, maybe she has a foot/bone issue, and more vitamins are required? It's hard to say. My frogs toes are to small to see, so I've seen them do it before if they have.

Thread Information