Thread: Feeding pacman!!!!!

priya

Default Feeding pacman!!!!!

hi, can anyone tell me what i can feed my juvenile pacman frog, he seems to be a fussy eater.

i have tried him on crickets and locusts. ive even waved them in front of him on tweezers and he is not intressted.

the only thing he wants to eat is wax worms, he even comes out of his little hole thing he has dug and chases them across the tank if i drop um far away lol

i know there not god for him but he wont eat nothing else.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

stickytoes

Default Re: Feeding pacman!!!!!

Hm... I don't have a pacman, but I'd try small roaches, butter worms, super worms, meal worms, you can even break apart nightcrawlers and see if he'll take those since he seems to like worm/grub-like food. Hope this helps!

priya

i have never come across those foods over here in the uk, wax worms and meal worms and earth worms are the only type of worms i can get. i don't know where i would get roaches. the thought of escaped roaches in my house breeding and colonizing is a very scary thought lol.

stickytoes

LOL! Yes, I guess a lot of people are terrified of roaches. I just consider them scavengers like anything else. Let's see... If you have something similar to a Petsmart near you, you can buy canned almost ANYTHING and tong feed. Here's an example of what I'm talking about:

They also have canned grasshoppers, crickets, snails, etc. I just showed the grub-like food since that's what you've had the most luck with.

priya

well i havent seen anything like that in our pet shops down here, but would he take food that doesnt move?

stickytoes

If you tong-feed, yes. As long as you wiggle it around, he'll go for it. I do this with my frogs. It's strange that he won't even go for crickets! Also, you can order this stuff online. I got those images at Pet Supplies, Pet Accessories, and Many Pet Products | PetSmart. Hopefully he won't be so picky in the future. Poor guy. Let me know what happens!

priya

well i wiggle live crickets and locust in front of him every day and he doesn't wanna know, the only thing he wants is wax worms, i haven't tried meal worms yet because i hear bad things about them.

i was told they have no nutritional value and they can eat there way back out of the frog.

ive tried him on earth worm too but he wont eat them either.

priya

how big does a pacman frog tank need to be?

i keep hearing that it needs to be a 10 gallon tank, but as us gallons are different to uk gallons could anyone tell me what the tank size is in feet and inches please?

stickytoes

I imagine if he gets hungry enough he'd eventually eat from the tongs, but hey- wax worms are better than nothing! Try coating them in calcium or vitamin dust. That way he'll get more nutrition out of them. As for the tank, if he's small it doesn't need to be too large at all. Do you have a picture of his setup?

chudson05

the length of the prey item cannot be bigger than the distance between the eyes

Thread Information