Thread: This little guy was dumped in front of the pet store I work at... any help identifying him?

Emily Livingston

Question This little guy was dumped in front of the pet store I work at... any help identifying him?

He was left in a plastic bag along with a tadpole (in another plastic bag, both the kind used for bagging fish) that was about 4 inches long and green with lighter speckles.

I live in SE pennsylvania and tried to do some research but I don't think he's a gray tree frog.

Name:  frog1.jpg
Views: 668
Size:  35.3 KBName:  frog2.jpg
Views: 644
Size:  54.8 KB

any help with identifying him would be great!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Emily Livingston

Default Re: This little guy was dumped in front of the pet store I work at... any help identifying him?

possibles so far:
    due to location, gray tree frog? but his spots aren't "bark-like" as theirs seem to be

barking tree frog? he looks an awful lot like the picture on this Barking Tree Frog - Hyla Gratiosa page but his skin is a much browner green than most of the pictures on google. he is missing the whitish stripe that a lot of them seem to have as well.

coastal20

Default Re: This little guy was dumped in front of the pet store I work at... any help identifying him?

I think you are right, its a barking tree frog. I found a couple pics on google picture search that look similar to your frog.

LizardMama

Most definitely Barking Tree Frog. Lucky you, that's a very nice frog. Do you have any pics of the tadpole?

Emily Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by LizardMama View Post
    Most definitely Barking Tree Frog. Lucky you, that's a very nice frog. Do you have any pics of the tadpole?
    unfortunately, no cell phones allowed out of the break room, so I was only able to get pics of this guy after I got him home. I'm skeptical as to whether they are the same species though - the tadpole is about as big as he is right now and it hasn't even grown legs yet.

Thread Information