Thread: Tank size?

reichiere

Default Tank size?

So Olloch the Glutton, seen below, has an opportunity to move into a larger 20 gallon home. With real esaste being as cheap as is it is due to these tough economical times Olloch has come across a gem of a deal a few doors down. You see the neighborhood hermit crabs pooled in on a lottery and won! Allowing them to purchase a gaint 55 gallon home! Their current home will be on the market shortly and while this home would need some redecorating it would nearly double the square footage of Olloch's current home of a meer 10 gallons. Now Olloch doesn't have many needs, he appears to content in his current home, with two favorite spots to burrow in. However as growing male around 6 months old he's unsure if he's ready, or even needs this extra floor space. He has checked his budget over and purchasing this home would still keep the circkets coming and allow the occasion dinning out on worms. But it all comes down to the space? Would Olloch need or even use this extra space? Or should he save his money for the occasion mouse? Your opinions would help poor Olloch make up his mind.

Tl;dnr version: For an assumed male fantasy frog should I upgrade him to a 20 gallon tank or leave him in the 10 gallon? Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Tank size?

Lol!! Olloch should forget about his mid life crisis and remain in his cozy and quaint 10 Gallon cottage.

Alright enough playing . As a male Palma he will not grow much larger than 3" and can actually live quite comfortably for the rest of his life in a smaller 5 gallon tank, so the 10 gallon he is in is actually more than enough room for him to live. He probably would not use all the space or even halfbof the space in a 20 gallon. You also must
    consider the stress factor since Pacman Frogs become stressed very easily. e
    Especially when they feel overwhelmed by a lot if open space. This makes them feel insecure and exposed. You would probably be better off keeping him in bis 10 gallon and using the 20 for something else.

reichiere

Default Re: Tank size?

See that's what I was telling Olloch. He really only has two spots he burrows in his current tank and they're just on the other sides of his pool, the only other place I've seen him in. He only utilizes about half of his 10 gallon and while I have no problem giving him a bigger tank I don't see the point in it if he would never use it. I've just seen a lot of caresheets recommending 20 gallons and I didn't want him to be cramped. I shall focus instead on upgrades through out his home.

Thread Information