Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Theloderma corticale (Vietnamese Mossy Frog)

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Theloderma corticale (Vietnamese Mossy Frog)

I haven't really noticed drastic color differences in the ones i've seen, but it is entirely possible. I suspect that that red color is just a trait of youth that eventually turns to brown in adults. That being said, there are now several different species of Theloderma in the U.S. Just recently there were imports of T. bicolor, which looks very similar to corticale, and T. asperum, which is a little more unique looking.

Alex

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

nat31

i have 3 mossys but in the us they are very male heavy so it is hard to breed them and if a mossy is proven to be female they are often pricy i have had mine for 1 yr and they are beutiful but i am not sure if i have a female because 2 are proven males and one is hard to sex

ps: what is your tank temp humidity etc. when they bred

Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    id love one. no mossey frogs for sale around here.
    Where's here?

Crazy Frog

Quote Originally Posted by nat31 View Post
    i have 3 mossys but in the us they are very male heavy so it is hard to breed them and if a mossy is proven to be female they are often pricy i have had mine for 1 yr and they are beutiful but i am not sure if i have a female because 2 are proven males and one is hard to sex

ps: what is your tank temp humidity etc. when they bred
    i have two tank but both tank humidity are kept between 80%-100%. between i think they like more water area like deep water(10 cm and above) as mine always found hiding in the water... and become active at night.

Crazy Frog

Some update on my 6-7 days old tadpole,some seem to be feeding already and i am now feeding them sinking fish food that contain spirulina from Tropical.. i am keeping them in 15L of water tank and with a airstone with carbon and plus twice changes of 10 % of water a week.

3 April 09

Crazy Frog

Quote Originally Posted by tylototriton View Post
    I haven't really noticed drastic color differences in the ones i've seen, but it is entirely possible. I suspect that that red color is just a trait of youth that eventually turns to brown in adults. That being said, there are now several different species of Theloderma in the U.S. Just recently there were imports of T. bicolor, which looks very similar to corticale, and T. asperum, which is a little more unique looking.

Alex
    That interesting but between cant really find much info on T.biclor... only manage to find a picture of it...between is look like corticale... what the different beetween this two sp.?

Any size different? and other ...would like to know more....

Crazy Frog

Eggs of T.corticale (2days old)

Crazy Frog

Tadpole 3 days old (but still very restless laying around)

Kurt

The picture of the eggs is so strange! It looks like the rock has eyes. Creepy, but I like it. I guess I am weird that way

justin shockey

thats sweet im so happy thay made it

nat31

my water is 5 1/2 inches deep and my frogs are in an all aquatic tank with sticks "that are only used by the crickets" and a fake seeweed plant, i have a filter that cleans the water and then spills it out in a waterfall way on the side of the tank and the water comes down the glass and goes into the water that the frogs are always in. my mossie frogs are active at all times of the day croaking all the time. sometimes when i change the water they mount the only unsexed mossie i have, so i think it may be a female but it is not bigger than the others and i have still never seen any eggs, i think this may be because of temperature though because after a year and a half of research i am yet to find an exact temp for mossies so what is your temp when they layd the eggs.

Crazy Frog

okie.... how big is ur tank, how many mossy u have and how big are they?
    I keep them between 25-28 celsius as my country is hot so i am using a chiller to chill my tank for them... my chiller kick in at 28 and kick off at 25.
    I am using a sump for my tank .. inside the sump i use carbon and some bio home for bacteria to live in as filter as well...
    Also maybe u might want to add some lava rock in as they need dry area to live their egg on... imine lay the egg on the rocks doh.

nat31

my tank is a 29 gal i have 3 mossies in it and they are all full grown 2 yr olds and i was going to add lava rock but i have no $$ right now

ps: what is a sump i have never heard of this

jody

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
    Where's here?
    pennsylvania.

Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    pennsylvania.
    Any where near Hamburg? Thats an incredible show.

Crazy Frog

Quote Originally Posted by nat31 View Post
    my tank is a 29 gal i have 3 mossies in it and they are all full grown 2 yr olds and i was going to add lava rock but i have no $$ right now

ps: what is a sump i have never heard of this

sump mean a sump tank ...it a tank below my frog tank which my frog tank's water will flow down to it and the sump tank help in store a bigger vol of water and also i can also have my carbon and other filter item in it....

justin shockey

how are thay doing

Crazy Frog

Quote Originally Posted by justin shockey View Post
    how are thay doing
    All 14 tadpole seem to be doing well... some are 4 cm big already... but there are some which are smaller like 2.5 cm doh... maybe didnt get enough food ....haha
    Will post a picture of the them soon.

11april 09

justin shockey

cool thanks

Crazy Frog

Picture of them two weeks old(Pic taken on 12apriil09)...and it feeding time!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information