Thread: Sick Cuban Tree Frog?

Shumba111

Question Sick Cuban Tree Frog?

Hi guys,
    I've had my Cuban for over 2yrs now with no issues, but the past week or so I've noticed he's been spending all of his time in the water. The water keeps turning yellow and it looks like there's a filmy debris in it, and upon closer inspection I noticed that this film is also covering the frog's body. When I pick him up he hops out of my hand but aside from that isn't very active (he usually isn't anyway though). His eyes don't look cloudy. Any ideas on what is causing this and how I can help my buddy out?
    Thanks in advance!
    Name:  IMAG0233.jpg
Views: 842
Size:  92.0 KBName:  IMAG0230.jpg
Views: 902
Size:  88.4 KB

Edit to add info: He's kept alone in his enclosure, eats crickets (I haven't noticed him eating recently but I'm not around a lot and as there aren't any crickets in his enclosure I'm assuming he's eating), and I mist the tank daily. I never handle him unless I'm kicking him out of his soaking dish to change the water.
    Last edited by Shumba111; May 17th, 2012 at 07:45 PM. Reason: additional info on frog

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

InfinitysDaughter

Default Re: Sick Cuban Tree Frog?

Have you always used wood chips as a substrate? I've never heard of using that. ^^;

I'd stick him in a quarantine tank with paper towels and a water dish and see what happens. I can def see the film and it just does not look healthy. I dont have cubans but we had one at work for almost a month and that just dosn't look healthy. Id probably give a call to a herp vet if you have one near you or maybe the local zoo might have a frog expert.

Thread Information