Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interest in Stolzmani?

EricIvins

Default Interest in Stolzmani?

I'm contemplating bringing a group of these guys in, along with some rarer Frogs. Is there much interest in Stolzmani like there is in Cornuta or Aurita?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Zamboni

Default Re: Interest in Stolzmani?

Quote Originally Posted by EricIvins View Post
    I'm contemplating bringing a group of these guys in, along with some rarer Frogs. Is there much interest in Stolzmani like there is in Cornuta or Aurita?
    I'm down to feed a few of them!!

cali

They're Red Listed as "vulnerable", the most endangered of the Ceratophrys species (although a couple subs have insufficient data).
    So if you're talking about WC's, you could be doing harm to their sustainment in the wild.
    However, if you successfully breed them, you could help guarantee their survival in this world.

I'm sure that anyone from this site would give them a long and healthy life, maybe even take a liking to them and breed them themselves. But the thought of importing them for the petco crowd makes me cringe.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Cali they are captive bred from a company in japan. Not wild caught. I will be importing aurita later in the summer also. Should have some usa captive Stolzmani in a few months.

EricIvins

Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    They're Red Listed as "vulnerable", the most endangered of the Ceratophrys species (although a couple subs have insufficient data).
    So if you're talking about WC's, you could be doing harm to their sustainment in the wild.
    However, if you successfully breed them, you could help guarantee their survival in this world.

I'm sure that anyone from this site would give them a long and healthy life, maybe even take a liking to them and breed them themselves. But the thought of importing them for the petco crowd makes me cringe.
    Please do your research, because obviously you have no idea about WIKIRI and what that project has done for the Amphibians endemic to Ecuador.........

AND it is real easy to get an animal Red listed throught the IUCN, especially if you have alterior motives.........Happens alot these days.......

cali

Quote Originally Posted by EricIvins View Post
    AND it is real easy to get an animal Red listed throught the IUCN, especially if you have alterior motives.........Happens alot these days.......
    I deal with CITES daily, literally. (I'm on the "evil" end, I have 50+ caiman hides in my living room. I think 8 kangaroo and 6 stingray, and some misc. snake hides- btw, I just found out I can purchase elephant (kinda creepy) and zebra).

The world is not out to get you.
    I doubt that there's an underground movement to deny you of a frog that lives in a forest that only .02 percent of the population has heard of.

Maybe there's people out there trying to conserve what planet earth has to offer (scary concept- look into it).

Did you just browse my post, or did you actually READ it?
    "...listed...vulnerable..."
    "...if...WC-...harm..."
    "...successfully breed...guarantee survival...."

EricIvins

I deal with CITES daily, literally. (I'm on the "evil" end, I have 50+ caiman hides in my living room. I think 8 kangaroo and 6 stingray, and some misc. snake hides- btw, I just found out I can purchase elephant (kinda creepy) and zebra).

The world is not out to get you.
    I doubt that there's an underground movement to deny you of a frog that lives in a forest that only .02 percent of the population has heard of.

Maybe there's people out there trying to conserve what planet earth has to offer (scary concept- look into it).

Did you just browse my post, or did you actually READ it?
    "...listed...vulnerable..."
    "...if...WC-...harm..."
    "...successfully breed...guarantee survival...."
    And so do I......But I guess you also overlooked where these animals in question will be coming from also.......

cali

Forgot about the supple pelts (0.4mm) and the "strawberry swirl" my vendor sent to check out. Kangaroo is amazing.
    So that's 14 dead kangaroo's- and I also have some "dealer first's" stingray that I was checking out from independant suppliers. Not happy with their tanning process, I'll stick with roje- but that's 2 more stingrays (asian food source, like salmon in the U.S., the hides are a by-product of the fishing industry).

frogsanity12

There is a guy in Japan selling them for 150 each. He's on Fauna. I received his price list the other day. His name is Kenji. Anybody use him?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Yes. Nice guy. You would have to make a $3,000.00 plus order to make it even worth getting. Shipping cost a lot. I will have them for $150.00 in a few months from USA Captive frogs.

Quote Originally Posted by frogsanity12 View Post
    There is a guy in Japan selling them for 150 each. He's on Fauna. I received his price list the other day. His name is Kenji. Anybody use him?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Big bad hunter with a gun.lol
    No one really cares about the dead stuff. Its more of a dissapointing thing when you mention that. Especially when you can buy the animal alive.

Forgot about the supple pelts (0.4mm) and the "strawberry swirl" my vendor sent to check out. Kangaroo is amazing.
    So that's 14 dead kangaroo's- and I also have some "dealer first's" stingray that I was checking out from independant suppliers. Not happy with their tanning process, I'll stick with roje- but that's 2 more stingrays (asian food source, like salmon in the U.S., the hides are a by-product of the fishing industry).

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by mikesfrogs View Post
    Cali they are captive bred from a company in japan. Not wild caught. I will be importing aurita later in the summer also. Should have some usa captive Stolzmani in a few months.
    Hey Mike!! When you get those Auritas in be sure and get me a caramel colored one PLEASE!!!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

They cost alot. Will be $400.00 plus each

Nationality
    [United States]

They cost alot. Will be $400.00 plus each
    Is that for babies? Or will they be larger?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

That is for babies and you have to add some additional cost for shipping. They are not cheap. Only two breeders in the world that I know of breed them.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Personally I would get Caatinga. They are very bright colored and active frogs that cost much less. I am keeping back 40-50 of them because I like them so much.

Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    Is that for babies? Or will they be larger?

Nationality
    [United States]

Personally I would get Caatinga. They are very bright colored and active frogs that cost much less. I am keeping back 40-50 of them because I like them so much.
    If I decide to get a Caatinga I want one of the really dark ones with bright lateral lines. That is if you have them.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

The brown colored caatinga? I will have plenty to choose from if the adults produce.

Nationality
    [United States]

The brown colored caatinga? I will have plenty to choose from if the adults produce.
    Yeah I've seen a lot of photos of the Brown one looking almost black, but still keeping the bright striping.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Like this ones pattern?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information