Thread: Gray Tree Frog Not Eating

LizardMama

Default Gray Tree Frog Not Eating

I don't know how long it's been since my original Gray Tree Frog has eaten but I did notice today that he does not look as fl (wide) and plump as he was say a week to a week and a half ago. I'm a newbie when it comes to frogs, I've been throwing crickets in a container with dust in it, I shake it some then I let the crickets out in the tank (usually 9 or 10). I do this when the light is one, is this a type of frog that eats when the lights are off? My other 2 frogs are also looking a bit thin, which is strange as both have been such good eaters. I recently cleaned the cage, gave clean fresh bottled water and also took a few decorations that the crickets might hide behind out. I haven't got any plants in the tank, just 2 straight branches and a sprawling branch with twigs on it. All 3 use them a lot. Temps in the cage are 78 degrees, should I lower the temp? Also not sure on the humidity but sure it's around 60%, should I make it go higher?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Gray Tree Frog Not Eating

Grey Tree Frogs are nocturnal, so placing the crickets in during the day is just a waste of time. The crickets are finding some place to hide and your Grey Tree Frogs aren't finding them when the lights are shut off. I would recommend tong feeding and at night, so you know if your frogs are eating and how much. The temps and humidity sound just fine. Grey Tree Frogs are pretty hardy. I have two that I caught in my back yard last year and they have adjusted to captivity just fine.

LizardMama

Default Re: Gray Tree Frog Not Eating

My two smaller Gray Tree Frogs, males, ate today. Poco, the smallest and I believe youngest, ate 3 crickets (tongs fed) and Inconnu ate 1 right big cricket. I tried to give him another and he just hopped away so maybe later. I'll attempt feeding my 1 female Gray Tree Frog a little later, she's the bigger one in my tank

Thread Information