Thread: Unhealthy?

frog220

Default Unhealthy?

is it wrong to disturb a red eye while it sleeping?in otherwords is it bad to take it out for a while during the day?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

snoopfroggyfrog

Default Re: Unhealthy?

I dont know about red eyes much but they are nocturnal like whites and i take my whites out sometimes in the day but only for a small amount of time as these frogs are nocturnal i guess it wouldnt be their choice to be woken up during the day and i doubt they are as happy to be handled then, but i dont think it would harm them now and again... i think most frogs are nocturnal as the prey they live on in the wild is also nocturnal, and their eye sight is better then but maybe if your gonna feed them they would be fine. too much unwanted handling could potentially stress out any frog day or night so i keep it short and bear that in mind.
    I turn all the lights down in the room mine are kept in just as it starts to get dark outside about 5pm now here in the uk so they start rousing and waking up thats when i tend to handle mine more....

Kurt

Probably not a good idea. I would keep it to an extreme minimum. These are one of the most nocturnal frog species I know, they don't take kindly to be woken up during the day.

Aren't red-eyes easily stressed too?

snoopfroggyfrog

on reflection id definatly take kurts advice... on the care sheet here it says strictly noctural i would be worried it would stress him out.

Thread Information