Thread: Brand New Sierran Tree Frog owner...

darrahjohnston

Default Brand New Sierran Tree Frog owner...

Hello! My husband came home today with 2 beautiful female Sierran Tree Frogs. He got home really late, so, he had limited time to get the vivarium PROPERLY set-up, right now they have substrate, a water dish, some artificial plants, a half coconut and a fake log that has a couple of hidey-holes and is fairly tall...that said I do have a few questions. **NOTE** I have read the article on Pacific Tree Frogs, and I just had a few further questions....

We have them in a 10 gallon tank with about 2 inches of Eco-Earth as the substrate...first---how damp does it need to be? Should it be sticking to them?

Can we use tap water in their little water dish as well as in their sprayer?

They have a blue light, is it best to keep this on a low setting at all times, only during the day, or only at night? They are NOT in front of a window, but, they are on a small section of wall between one window and our glass paneled patio door. Are they cool to hang out at "room temperature" which is right around 70 degrees?

We don't have an under-tank heater---do they need one?

Is the little moisture level indicator (I have no idea what that thing is called) an absolute necessity? Same with a little thermometer...

Do they need living plants in there?

We have NEVER owned any amphibians or reptilians, and as we caught these little guys, I'd feel absolutely wretched if they got picked up from their happy froggy home only to be subjected to poor living conditions and have them die.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thread Information