Thread: dubia

Default dubia

does anyone in here feed their pxyie dubia roaches? im trying to start a colony and have 2 grown males and 3 grown females and 130 small ones....any one have a clue how many u kinda need to just feed one frog?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

cyris69

Well dubia turn into a hobby of their own if you've never kept them before. My pixie ate a dozen crickets and a single gravid female so they could really eat a few a night. You only want to feed out males for the most part.

I would not start using your colony until you have a few hundred adults in the colony. I normally wait 6 months before I start feeding from my colony. Having only 5 adults to start is going to take a very long time to have an established roach colony.

a good starter colony should have 50 to 100 adults and 2/3 being female.

Default Re: dubia

Quote Originally Posted by cyris69 View Post
    Well dubia turn into a hobby of their own if you've never kept them before. My pixie ate a dozen crickets and a single gravid female so they could really eat a few a night. You only want to feed out males for the most part.

I would not start using your colony until you have a few hundred adults in the colony. I normally wait 6 months before I start feeding from my colony. Having only 5 adults to start is going to take a very long time to have an established roach colony.

a good starter colony should have 50 to 100 adults and 2/3 being female.
    ok thanks looks like i will be ordering 100 adults soon then to get it going faster

cyris69

No problem,I would check out arachnoboards to better inform yourself on their care and gestation. I'm a senior member there and you can always pm me I'm a very experience person when it come to inverts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Sublime

Yeah I feed dubia. The colony does really explode if you don't feed out of it for awhile. I just sold off about 5000 mixed with lots of adults and still have a few thousand for myself at least. All I feed to my pyxie now is adult males and large nymphs.

Try to find a good deal on lots of large nymphs or adults on classified ad sites, arachnoboards, bearded dragon forums, craigslist, eBay, and some other places.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: dubia

I feed both my Pyxies Dubia Roachs along with a lot of other insects. I like for my critters to get a variety of things.

Thread Information