Thread: ZooMed Reptile Fogger "MOD"

cyris69

Talking ZooMed Reptile Fogger "MOD"

I though I would share a video I just made about my fogger setup. I couldn't find a multitank fogger unless you DIY so I rigged up something using this product.

I used 1/2" PVC and a few 1/2" T connectors and misc ones as well until I go out and get the proper ones. The 1/2" fitting fits perfectly to the unit itself.

If you attempt to run it full blast it will make quantity over force of air. I set it at slightly over 50% which give a decent amount of fog for something made for a single tank/enclosure. I'm not sure why but the fan is stronger when set lower than when on max, I assume since the pressure on high helps move the fog whereas the fan is needed more to move thinner fog.

So if your looking for a easy way to support more than one tank per fogger give this idea a go. Cost me about 9 bucks for 20' of pipe, all fittings, and pipe glue. The fogger was $45 so you can see why I wanted it to work for all my tanks

Sorry for my stuttering and pauses it was 2am once I got around to rigging it up. The connections still need to be sealed. Also I couldn't do anything about the lens motor sound on my Nikon D5100 since I don't have an external mic.

The video is ready to watch but still rendering up to 1080p. Also this was from a cold start so it wasn't producing as much fog as if it had been running a few minutes

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

cyris69

Default Re: ZooMed Reptile Fogger "MOD"

Going to pick up some valves so I can adjust the flow some more. I want to try and restrict the first tank slightly to make a more even flow to the other tanks. It seems if I want to raise the humidity they need to be on for a long time for it to stick. If the tanks are completely fogged can this cause breathing issues for the frogs?

cyris69

The finished product

ramp

Nice setup for the fogger.

This is what I've been using for some years now and works perfect.
    The Lucky Reptile Superfog has a water tank that holds 2.5 liters of water, also practical is the Multi outlet set, wich gives you the opertunety to extend it to up to 6 extra outlets.

I don(t know if it's available in the US but something like it could be found I think.
    Make sure you use distiled water for your fogger systems otherwise you'll have to change the membrane every few months.
    To regulate the humidity, one could use an electronic humidity controle system.

cyris69

Not a bad product, you can use standard two liter pop bottles with the zoo med fogger. Just put one on it since I drank the rest of a bottle.

The super fogger looks more bulky.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

ramp

The super fog looks more bulky but isn't actualy much bigger than the Zoomed reti-fog

Thread Information