Thread: New Article: Tortoise Care Overview (Desert, Forest, Grassland Species)

findiviglio

Default New Article: Tortoise Care Overview (Desert, Forest, Grassland Species)

Hi All,
    Tortoises are highly prized by reptile fans. They are extremely responsive, quickly recognizing those who feed them, and readily learn from experience. Unfortunately, new owners are often unaware of their very specific care requirements, and many fail to thrive. Given the precarious state of their wild populations, it is unethical to keep these amazing animals unless you are fully prepared to meet their needs. Please write in for further guidance.
    The Bronx Zoo’s collection was very “tortoise/turtle oriented” during my tenure, and I had the good fortune to work with dozens of species both there and in the field. From rare Flat-Tailed (Pyxis planicauda) and tiny Egyptian Tortoises (Testudo kleinmanni) to 500 pound Aldabra and Galapagos Tortoises, each brought challenges and new lessons. Hopefully, what I’ve learned will be of benefit to other keepers, and to the spectacular animals in which they are interested. Read article here: Tortoise Care - Keeping Desert, Forest and Grassland Tortoises | That Reptile Blog
    Comments and questions appreciated.

Thanks, Frank

http://twitter.com/#!/findiviglio
    Frank Indiviglio | Facebook
    Bio: That Pet Place welcomes Zoologist/Herpetologist Frank Indiviglio to That Reptile Blog | That Reptile Blog

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thread Information