Thread: can find my toads

Default can find my toads

i got two american toads on wensday and thursday was the last day i saw them. there is no physical possoble way for them to get out so im guessing they are just burried but even the crickets haven been eaten.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Fae

I'm not trying to be mean or rude... But if you can't keep track of your animals, you're not a responsible owner. Besides, it's not like we can come to your house and help you find your frogs.

Kristen

Default Re: can find my toads

Quote Originally Posted by matt palm View Post
    i got two american toads on wensday and thursday was the last day i saw them. there is no physical possoble way for them to get out so im guessing they are just burried but even the crickets haven been eaten.
    Try looking in all the plants, or have a little dig around (gently) to see if they are buried. Also try looking for them at night because they might be out of their hiding spots then Maybe double check that there is most definitely nowhere for them to get out, cause it's a bit odd that you haven't seen them both for that long and no crickets have been eaten.

i moved around the dirt one was hiding under a rock and other one is still burrowed somewhere but im assuming they are hungry because when i found the one she ate both the crickets almost immediatly and kristen they are in the tank not somewhere loose in my house

i found one of them burried and she ate the crickets right away so im assuming they were hungry and fae they are in the tank not just roaming around my house

i meant fae not kristen in post 4

Fae

I'm sorry it's just that you keep "losing" your pets.

i found them both and the gray tree frog was my sisters fault she took the lid off and just rested it on there without me knowing

and i did find the gray and released her into the wild relativley close where i found her

Fae

Glad you found them

Kristen

Quote Originally Posted by matt palm View Post
    i moved around the dirt one was hiding under a rock and other one is still burrowed somewhere but im assuming they are hungry because when i found the one she ate both the crickets almost immediatly and kristen they are in the tank not somewhere loose in my house
    Okay good the other one is probably hiding too, They might just be settling in

they both came out to eat

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Toads will go underground for several days. They'll come up when they are ready to eat or soak. Digging them up puts un-needed stress on them. Just make sure they have food available and fresh water. My Rosie will go underground for days and come up when she's ready. As for your sister letting your frogs out, put locks on the cages and if not lockable you might want to either invest into some different tanks or get rid of your sister.
    Rest in peace Rosie 5-31-12
    Rest in peace Rufus 2-7-14
    Rest in peace Morph 8-14-15

Thread Information