Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pacman settling in time?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Pacman settling in time?

Quote Originally Posted by cyris69 View Post
    Ok, thanks for the reply! I will make sure to take them outta the little guys tank in the morning. Should I remove him from the 10gal tank since he is so small? I covered the two long sides of each tank which seems to have really helped with my larger pacman, he now seems to be hunting and my pixie is on a binge diet
    It's. probably a good idea since he/she isn't eating. A smaller enclosure might help for now. its worth a try.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

cyris69

If I have an empty tank or a split one I'll have to get another froggy they are damn addictive.

I had to move the tanks to the kitchen, girlfriend did want them in the living room anymore. It's a bit colder in there, though I assume they will go to the warmer area right? The heat pad side stays about 85 the water dish side is about 70-72.is that a safe gradient?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Nationality
    [United States]

If I have an empty tank or a split one I'll have to get another froggy they are damn addictive.

I had to move the tanks to the kitchen, girlfriend did want them in the living room anymore. It's a bit colder in there, though I assume they will go to the warmer area right? The heat pad side stays about 85 the water dish side is about 70-72.is that a safe gradient?

They will, but it is best for all ambient air in the enclosures to be at daytime temp level 80°. High 70s on the cool end. Keep a close eye on their activity and eating habits. If there is a sudden change be ready to use a heat lamp to raise the temps if necessary. Night time should be mid to high 70s on cool side and 80° to 79° on the warm end.

cyris69

It's just the oddest weather here in Indiana, I'm sure your experiencing it too in Ohio that its unnaturally cold for this time of year. Been in the high 50's here for a week barely ever making it to the mid 70's

Nationality
    [United States]

It's just the oddest weather here in Indiana, I'm sure your experiencing it too in Ohio that its unnaturally cold for this time of year. Been in the high 50's here for a week barely ever making it to the mid 70's
    Yep, Same here we didn't even have a winter though. 35° to 40° in January and February is not winter here.

cyris69

Yeah it's nuts, well I added a heat lamp above the tanks. The little pacman is chilling by the heat pad, the pixie and bigger pacman have been completely burrowed for over a day.

cyris69

Ok, I'm finding it hard to keep a constant temperature for the entire tank. The heat lamp helped during daytime but what can I do at night? The cold side is dipping at 71F, I can't leave the light on since it will mess with their day/night cycle so what can i do to fix this issue besides putting them in a walk in closet with my inverts. I want to keep all this on a budget which so far has been broken but I'm only missing work on the colder side of the tank. They move around as needed which seems to be working but what else can I do.

I've gotten their humidity correct, day/night cycle, heat on the UTH side on point, bigger pacman is eating better. However, the baby will not eat. He looks healthy and is going to the restroom just fine as well as seems pretty alert. Can they manage without 80F across the board in the tank?

Lastly, for the baby, can I place him in a small KK inside his 10gal tank to preserve humidity and heat? If so, do I just use moist paper towels as a substrate or just a small layer of water.

Nationality
    [United States]

You can UAE an infrared bulb at night. These bulbs do not affect their day night cycle. You can place the baby in a KK to give it some security and try and get him/her eating. place the little one in substrate water than paper towels so he/she can burrow be sure to get a small water dish for him/her while in the KK.

cyris69

What does UAE mean? Sorry still learning all the jargon. Do you mean the nonlight emitting IR ceramic bulbs or the red coated ones? I'm using two sunglows atm but its gets to way to hot too quickly since I dont have a rig or stand for the lights. I will post the setup in a bit to you can take a look at the tanks. Seems that the 60gal UTH died over night and I just noticed it so two of the 10gals were not being heated over night though it was 78F in my house.

I would like to try and heat all the tanks with one bulb The zoomed nocturnal IR bulbs come in 50-150watt which should I go with?

Nationality
    [United States]

[QUOTE=cyris69;112057]What does UAE mean? Sorry still learning all the jargon. Do you mean the nonlight emitting IR ceramic bulbs or the red coated ones? I'm using two sunglows atm but its gets to way to hot too quickly since I dont have a rig or stand for the lights. I will post the setup in a bit to you can take a look at the tanks. Seems that the 60gal UTH died over night and I just noticed it so two of the 10gals were not being heated over night though it was 78F in my house.

I would like to try and heat all the tanks with one bulb The zoomed nocturnal IR bulbs come in 50-150watt which should I go with?[/QUITE]

Sorry that was supposed to say use. If you want to view them at night use a nocturnal infrared bulb not CHE(Ceramic Heat Emitter)
    If you are just wanting to heat them without any visible light use a CHE. Neither of these will affect your frogs day/night cycle.

When using heat lamps always and I do mean ALWAYS use a lamp that has a summer switch so you can accurately dial in how much light and heat the bulb produces. I recommend that you purchase one. Fluker's make up to an 8.5" dome lamp with a summer switch.

cyris69

Ok I bought an 8.5" fluker's with dimmer and a 100 watt IR viewing heat bulb. I found out why my 60 gal uth stopped working, glad it didnt catch my house on fire. I still need to build a lamp stand.
    I also remembered to buy some multivitamin powder.

Nationality
    [United States]

Ok I bought an 8.5" fluker's with dimmer and a 100 watt IR viewing heat bulb. I found out why my 60 gal uth stopped working, glad it didnt catch my house on fire. I still need to build a lamp stand.
    I also remembered to buy some multivitamin powder.

Hmmm I would buy a thermostat next time you use a UTH that large on 3 individual tanks. They're designed to be on one tank completely flat with no gaps. this could be why is literally burnt out. Also 100 watts is too high if not suspended above the enclosures.

cyris69

It's keeping the colder side at 76 and the hot side about 80 maybe because the mesh covers are not partially covered with foil anymore?

cyris69

Before I do this in the morning. The only substrate needed is a thin later of water with a folded paper towel in the babies critter keeper correct? How often does it need to be changed? If very often or daily should I just use coco fiber?

cyris69

Sorry for the continuous posting, they 100watt bulb still doesn't heat the two tanks to 80F across the board. Cold side stays 73-74 which the pixie frog seems to stay burrowed on. The pacman is in the center of the tank. Could the pixie be wanting to hibernate? THe warm side is 82F

Nationality
    [United States]

Sorry for the continuous posting, they 100watt bulb still doesn't heat the two tanks to 80F across the board. Cold side stays 73-74 which the pixie frog seems to stay burrowed on. The pacman is in the center of the tank. Could the pixie be wanting to hibernate? THe warm side is 82F
    Put the baby on cocofiber in the KK. You need a light for each enclosure then. Otherwise you may not get correct levels. I doubt the Pyxie wants to hibernate. If ambient air humidity is too low they will burrow to keep moist.

cyris69

The pixies AH is 85%, and the two pacmans are 75-80% daily.

Nationality
    [United States]

The pixies AH is 85%, and the two pacmans are 75-80% daily.
    How old is your Pyxie? If your frog is over a year old you can let him/her have a period of aestivation. If not it is recommended that you do not let any frog under a year of age to hibernate. Its dangerous and a lot of young frogs never wake up. To keep him/her from doing so just keep the frog warm and perform warm de-chlorinated soaks. this will prevent the frog from feeling the need to aestivate.

cyris69

Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    How old is your Pyxie? If your frog is over a year old you can let him/her have a period of aestivation. If not it is recommended that you do not let any frog under a year of age to hibernate. Its dangerous and a lot of young frogs never wake up. To keep him/her from doing so just keep the frog warm and perform warm de-chlorinated soaks. this will prevent the frog from feeling the need to aestivate.

I have no idea of his age, I bought him from uncle bills the size he was. I will try and give him a soak tonight, define warm like bath water warm like I would use?

Nationality
    [United States]

I have no idea of his age, I bought him from uncle bills the size he was. I will try and give him a soak tonight, define warm like bath water warm like I would use?
    No that's hot to them. Just above Luke warm. about 78° or 79°·

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information