Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pacman settling in time?

cyris69

Default Re: Pacman settling in time?

Ok, cool. I will go hunt for some of them in the woods. They breed like wild fire I had an entire terrarium devoted to just rollie pollies

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by cyris69 View Post
    Ok, cool. I will go hunt for some of them in the woods. They breed like wild fire I had an entire terrarium devoted to just rollie pollies
    They feed on dead wood and fungi. if you have any drifted in the frogs enclosure they will hide under it.

cyris69

That is how the tanks are setup, heat pass on the back of each one.going to wrap 3/4 of each kid to retain humidity.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Nationality
    [United States]

That is how the tanks are setup, heat pass on the back of each one.going to wrap 3/4 of each kid to retain humidity.

Keeping then next to a window can be bad. You have to make sure the Sun does not beat down on the enclosures and overheat your frogs. they can literally cook. inside their own tanks.

cyris69

The windows are tinted like car windows so their isn't much heat at all that is coming in, most of the light is more toward the evening.

Also just ordered the zoomed fogger going to rig it for all three tanks.

cyris69

Fogger will be here tomorrow, Humidity actually stays 70-90% for a few days and only requires light misting every few days. I also have a good digital timer coming in the day after so I can accurately tweak the humidity. Also, the guy is eating just doesn't have a big appetite. HE will only eat so long as its dark or if you use a dim light for viewing. He eats maybe 2-3 crix at day but poops like he eats a dozen, makes my pixies movements look small and he is double his size and appetite. I haven't seen the baby eat but I know he has at least eaten 2 crix in a few days and is burrowing and pooping fine. I'll get more photos up once I get the fogger and modify it for 3 tanks.

Nationality
    [United States]

Fogger will be here tomorrow, Humidity actually stays 70-90% for a few days and only requires light misting every few days. I also have a good digital timer coming in the day after so I can accurately tweak the humidity. Also, the guy is eating just doesn't have a big appetite. HE will only eat so long as its dark or if you use a dim light for viewing. He eats maybe 2-3 crix at day but poops like he eats a dozen, makes my pixies movements look small and he is double his size and appetite. I haven't seen the baby eat but I know he has at least eaten 2 crix in a few days and is burrowing and pooping fine. I'll get more photos up once I get the fogger and modify it for 3 tanks.
    Try offering your Pacman earthworms or night crawler pieces and see if he'll. eat those.

cyris69

I bought some night crawlers the pixie is quite interested but since I keep the worms in the fridge they are not wiggly for some time. I'll give them a try with my pacmans. Is there a trick to getting them to eat without force feeding as I do not want to do that. So during the daytime like now I know my pixie eats 24/7 but my pacman stays burrowed until night time. I see some people remove them to a feeding enclosure instead of feeding them in their home. Should I give that a try and if so at what time of day should I attempt it.

Nationality
    [United States]

I bought some night crawlers the pixie is quite interested but since I keep the worms in the fridge they are not wiggly for some time. I'll give them a try with my pacmans. Is there a trick to getting them to eat without force feeding as I do not want to do that. So during the daytime like now I know my pixie eats 24/7 but my pacman stays burrowed until night time. I see some people remove them to a feeding enclosure instead of feeding them in their home. Should I give that a try and if so at what time of day should I attempt it.

Pacman Frogs are nocturnal so you should only feed him at night. You may screw up his day/night cycle if you wake early. this can really stress them out. Some will willingly accept the worms without any trick. Just make sure to get them out of the fridge 30 minutes to an hour before offering them to your frogs.

cyris69

Awesome, thanks for your quick replies and information! I will wait till tonight and attempt to feed them and let you know how it goes

cyris69

The fogger just arrived, now to head out to the hardware store to get some tubing

cyris69

cyris69

Finally saw him eat tonight, he is VERY skittish. If you come into sight to much or keep the viewing lamp on he tends to play a pet rock. Do pacmans have a smaller appetite compared to a pixie? I think he eats ~1-4 crix a night now, if I can remember how many I placed in there after I wake up.

Nationality
    [United States]

Finally saw him eat tonight, he is VERY skittish. If you come into sight to much or keep the viewing lamp on he tends to play a pet rock. Do pacmans have a smaller appetite compared to a pixie? I think he eats ~1-4 crix a night now, if I can remember how many I placed in there after I wake up.
    Some have even greater appetites than Pyxies, but rarely. Until he is fully comfortable with you and his surroundings he will be skittish and may not eat a whole lot. It takes time.

cyris69

They can't croak at 2+ inches can they? I heard croaking. My pixie is 3.75 inches which I didn't think was mature for a dwarf

Nationality
    [United States]

They can't croak at 2+ inches can they? I heard croaking. My pixie is 3.75 inches which I didn't think was mature for a dwarf

Some male frogs begin calling before they reach full size. Full size dwarf is roughly 5" so he is over half grown.

cyris69

Cool Hope he develops a deeper croak. I'm still learning this patients thing as you call it So used to arachnids and inverts where there is little or none needed.

cyris69

Whats a good feeder for these to get them interested in eating? The baby refuses to eat, he has had the same baby crix in there for a week. I manage to get him to eat a waxworm in a shoe box but that was it I was able to get his mouth open but without an extra hand I couldn't get any food in there.

Nationality
    [United States]

Whats a good feeder for these to get them interested in eating? The baby refuses to eat, he has had the same baby crix in there for a week. I manage to get him to eat a waxworm in a shoe box but that was it I was able to get his mouth open but without an extra hand I couldn't get any food in there.
    You shouldn't resort to force yet. Force feeding is used as a last resort. The little guy/to probably just needs more time. if its been longer than 8 days without eating then it is time to force feed. don't leave food in during the day. remove the crickets that haven't been eaten in the morning and try again the following night. Break their hind legs off so the crickets can't jump. it makes them easier to catch.

cyris69

Ok, thanks for the reply! I will make sure to take them outta the little guys tank in the morning. Should I remove him from the 10gal tank since he is so small? I covered the two long sides of each tank which seems to have really helped with my larger pacman, he now seems to be hunting and my pixie is on a binge diet

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information