Thread: Question regarding shedding...

19ginger90

Default Question regarding shedding...

I have a White's Tree Frog named Balu that I purchased in late August. He has been doing very well in his enclosure, which is an 12x12x18 Exo Terra with the temperature at 83 degrees and the humidity between 65-70%. There is also a waterfall feature, coco fiber, rocks, mopani wood, and live plants in the terrarium. Balu eats 2 small crickets every night in a different container. The crickets are not dusted, but are instead fed a high quality (non-commercial) gut load. Balu is not as active as he was the first month I had him, but I suppose that is to be expected of a White's Tree Frog. However, he still enjoys watching the fish swim and runs acroos the glass to catch them. I suppose that can count for his daily excercise.

My question is this: how often do White's Tree Frogs shed? Balu seems to be shedding every week now. Whatever dead skin he misses or can't get off, I peel off gently with a pair of tweezers. He doesn't seem to mind, but instead tries to eat the remaining skin when he feels me peeling it off. I let him because apparently that's how they get rid of it in the first place. Anyways, I'm just curious if any of this is bad. Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Question regarding shedding...

They can shed as often as every day or two. Having difficulty shedding is often an indication of the humidity being too low.
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

Thread Information