Thread: Frog popped!

jgrcy

Default Frog popped!

Hi all,

Tragic event...

So I had a small albino pacman frog who apparently ingested a pebble, this is assumtion, and couldn't pass it. We didn't find out until it was too late and the frog expanded like an overfilled balloon ultimately resulting in popping on one side of his body and had a small amount of, presumed, intestine poking out the hole. He has since died.
    Obviously his dwelling in an a home with a small area of pebbles was a bad choice and won't happen again but my primary reason for posting this is so that it doesn't happen to others but also I'm wondering if anyone else here has had the same experience?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

IvoryReptiles

Default Re: Frog popped!

We see it far too often.
    We are asked for advice and give it only to basically be ignored or argued with.
    We urge new owners to please read the care sheets. We give the same advice day after day.
    It is frustrating and sometimes one of us snaps and goes off on the newbie.......
    If you had read through the threads doing some research to begin with, this could have been avoided all together.
    I am not trying to be rude or to be a bully. I am simply expressing what most of the previous 39 viewers were too disgusted or frustrated to respond to............ I am glad for any future frog you get that you have learned something......maybe before you get another, you will do some reading and learn a bit more about simple husbandry and make sure the next frog has a safer environment to live in.

4. This member thanks IvoryReptiles for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

I was one of the viewers who couldn't respond right away. I have experiance with helping someone who had a frog that died the exact same way and the frog suffered for over a month before it died like this. The person did. Not fallow the advice that was given and came back on when the frog was near death only to tell me that he did. Not do what he was told and the frog popped and I was so angry and horrified how the poor frog suffered and died that I did exactly what Jess said. I went off on the person for his neglegence.

Do research as much as possible before you get your next frog and fallow the care guide to the letter. It will save not only your frogs life, but much heatache in the end.

I'm very sorry for your loss .

Sublime

Sorry jgrcy, stick with coconut fiber.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

That's very sad. The mental image and the suffering the poor little guy must have gone through .

A while back someone posted a thread where a frog had ingested several rocks and they uploaded an X-ray image. Perhaps we should bump it if we can find it.

That is precisely why I brought my pacs home from the pet store they came from...they were housed on wet gravel. I did also speak to them about the issue.

I am sorry for your loss .
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Thread Information