Thread: Treatments for impacted WTF

Exclamation Treatments for impacted WTF

Hey all its me AGAIN,
    I think poor Hetfield might be impacted now. I haven't seen any stools from him this past week or so, could be longer. I have been having to force feed him the past few weeks with maybe one or two crickets on his own. What treatments can I give him?? Thanks

My 15 year old White's Tree Frog Hetfield (RIP 1996-June 4, 2012) and my little girl Lucy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

InfinitysDaughter

Default Re: Treatments for impacted WTF

I dont know exactly but I'd suggest warm baths. It might induce things to move along. I work on sunday and if one of my frog experts is there I can ask them if thats ok with you.

Thank you sweetie, I called my vet, I am doing the soaking now but by Monday if he doesnt pass anything I am bringing him in to the vet (( againnn

My 15 year old White's Tree Frog Hetfield (RIP 1996-June 4, 2012) and my little girl Lucy

S13

Ouch. C'mon Hetfield, you can do it!

InfinitysDaughter

I'm actually going into work today to get some crickets for one of the babies (realized I work till close sunday and its a pain to get things when were suppose to be closed XD ) so I'll talk with mah "frog lady" and see if there is anything akin to miralax for frogs. >w<

*echo's Omar* You can do it little one! 15 years! Your a fighter, we all know you are. I'm praying for you Blue. <3

Thanks guys!! Any advice would be helpful if I could give him some laxative I would!!!

InfinitysDaughter

Just got back from town and talk to frog man who has a couple whites of his own. He said there is nothing over the counter other then warm soaks. He said if you've got a specialty vet it would be best to see them cuse a vet could possibly prescribe something.

I'm really sorry I couldnt help more. Pull threw little one! We all know you can do it. <3

Quote Originally Posted by InfinitysDaughter View Post
    Just got back from town and talk to frog man who has a couple whites of his own. He said there is nothing over the counter other then warm soaks. He said if you've got a specialty vet it would be best to see them cuse a vet could possibly prescribe something.

I'm really sorry I couldnt help more. Pull threw little one! We all know you can do it. <3
    . Thank you very much for the help. I am calling the vet on Monday, he's not pooping and I think it's time for him to take another trip! :/

Well I took out of his hospital tank today and messages his tummy for a bit and he actually pooped! Not much but at least it was something! I am still calling the vet tomorrow but hope this is a step in the right direction. Thanks for your help

InfinitysDaughter

Yay! Thats wonderful news!!!!!!

Well she gave him some laxative stuff and drops for his eyes. He is a bit dehydrated but over all doing ok.. It's wait and see with him!

InfinitysDaughter

I hope the stuff the doc gave ya works. Sweet little baby. Get better soon Hetfield. <3

Flick

I hope he feels better soon! Poor little honey, but a little poop is a good sign!

Thread Information