Thread: White tree frog call

Tropicok

Default White tree frog call

Either my house is haunted by a terrified chihuahua or the White's tree frog is calling. Every night somewhere between 9 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. I hear this sharp, loud "Yip." It has woke me from sleeping. The frog is in another room, I can't catch it doing this and have no other explanation unless.......some invisible person has stepped on the tail of a small dog. I don't have a small dog. Is this the Dumpy call?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

missclick

Default Re: White tree frog call

my white's calls every day when he wakes up at night
    here's a link to a youtube video of someone's white's calling. YouTube - whites Tree Frogs Calling

sometimes you can get your frog to call by playing sounds of other ones calling

Skulldroog

That's exactly what mine sounds like. Yip yip yip

Kurt

It, sadly, is the White's treefrog. Would've been really cool if it was the ghost of a chihuahua though. You would have bragging rights, a pet from the netherworld.

Last year I was baby-sitting a friends full grown Indonesian White's when I heard this sound for the first time. Scared the living **** out of me! My Australian White's occasionally make noise, but nothing like this. Well, this week one did.

Tropicok

Guess I got my answer. The frog in the video was a better croaker. My Dumpy usually "yips" once and that's it. I guess since nobody answers he just shuts up. But was it was still scary, huh Kurt?

nana

I find my lot start and don't shut up, its really funny cos they set off my european's....then the fire bellies start.....gets quite noisy here......might prefer a ghost

Tropicok

The bombinas call quite a bit but the minute I turn around to see what's happening the noise stops. They have a pleasant sound tho' and it's not annoying but I wish I could watch them closer.

Skulldroog

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicok View Post
    The bombinas call quite a bit but the minute I turn around to see what's happening the noise stops. They have a pleasant sound tho' and it's not annoying but I wish I could watch them closer.
    My mister makes a weird noise when it's about 1/4 the way full. And my white's start calling to it whenever the water gets to that level in the mister bottle. Haha.

scribbles

Quote Originally Posted by Skulldroog View Post
    My mister makes a weird noise when it's about 1/4 the way full. And my white's start calling to it whenever the water gets to that level in the mister bottle. Haha.
    This is about the only thing I have found to set my male White's off. He rarely calls.

Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicok View Post
    Guess I got my answer. The frog in the video was a better croaker. My Dumpy usually "yips" once and that's it. I guess since nobody answers he just shuts up. But was it was still scary, huh Kurt?
    Yup its dead silent, then all of a sudden "yip". Scares the **** out of me everytime.

kitten

Smile Re: White tree frog call

Quote Originally Posted by scribbles View Post
    This is about the only thing I have found to set my male White's off. He rarely calls.
    I am glad my White isn't the only one who calls to the spray bottle. It is the only time i can get him to croak otherwise he is quiet. It also depends on how long i spray to whether he croaks or not.

S13

Name:  tallahasse_zombie_thread.jpg
Views: 26434
Size:  71.2 KB

Kitten, this is an almost two year old thread.

Thread Information