Thread: Samuari Pacman Food

nabbyg116

Default Samuari Pacman Food

Anyone else out there have experience feeding the Pacman food produced and sold by Samuari Japan Reptiles? I purchased a lime green albino pacman frog from Samuari, as well as the pacman food, and that's basically all my lime green albino eats (it's VERY lazy about eating anything live that has been offered). I have gotten my ornate pacman, and my brand new baby fantasy frog to both eat the pacman balls, and they have both grown tremendously in size since starting the pacman food. They both still readily accept crickets, roaches and other food items as well....
    I was just curious if anyone else uses the pacman food and what kind of response they've had from their frogs.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Samuari Pacman Food

Mine all eat it as far as the samurais go. Babies grow very fast on it

IvoryReptiles

We've used it before and none of our frogs refused it. But we prefer the live food items simply because it gives them some form of exercise and they just seem more alert.

Nationality
    [United States]

Some will eat it and others will refuse it. My male Loki LOVES the stuff, but Grif almost will never take it. It just depends on the frog, but like Mike said if they're raised on it they are more likely to accept it.

GeorgiaBulls

I just started feeding it a wk ago.. All my frogs but one love it. My ornate that was picky about live food can't seem to get enough. I'm gonna stick with it for now, especially since it's supposed to be very good for them and helps to add size quick.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Hey bart I will send you some more with the caatingas. I dont think they will eat it but your other frogs will.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBulls View Post
    I just started feeding it a wk ago.. All my frogs but one love it. My ornate that was picky about live food can't seem to get enough. I'm gonna stick with it for now, especially since it's supposed to be very good for them and helps to add size quick.

GeorgiaBulls

Hell ya bro.. I tried to order some off yusukes site but couldn't figure out how.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

I charge $15.00 per bag

GeorgiaBulls

I'll send u 45 later this wk for 3 bags. I need u to send it before u ship the caatingas tho, I'm gonna run out soon. Is there a quicker way to get u $ than money order by mail?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Ya you can go down to walmart and send money through them. Send me a txt

HerpDerp

So I just went to a website that sells this stuff and they showed a video of the frogs eating it. I thought horned frogs needed more movement than that to want to eat something. So is this stuff better than feeding live food? I'm a brand new pacman owner so I'm still learning a bit. Can someone give me pros and cons to this stuff? I want Hypnotoad to be as healthy and happy as possible .

GeorgiaBulls

It's really good for the Pacs, you can feed them on it with no supplements and they are good. Not all frogs will eat it though..

cali

Quote Originally Posted by HerpDerp View Post
    ....I thought horned frogs needed more movement than that to want to eat something....
    Someone hasn't been bitten yet

If pacman's are just chillin in their little dug-out, you can slowly and fluidly move something into their line of vision and give it a wiggle and they'll lunge for it.

I love that video on samurai's site where the guy is mixing the pacfood- and that frog's sittin there lunging at him every 5 seconds....

HerpDerp

I actually almost got bit today! About 10 minutes after my post I was feeding my little guy and nudged a cricket towards him and he almost got my finger instead! I guess it wouldn't be much difference reflex wise, considering I drop the crickets in front of his face and herd them close enough for him to eat. So I suppose waving a ball of mush in front of his face would be about the same thing. I might just try it out! I'm guessing I would have to buy it online? I don't think I've ever seen it in any pet stores around here.

nabbyg116

You can buy the pacman food directly from the creator of it at the following link: Samurai-Japan Reptiles - SamuraiJapanReptiles | Facebook
    All of my frogs accept the pacman balls with no issue at all.

Thread Information