Thread: Helloooo fellow frog people

IXSessy

Default Helloooo fellow frog people

Hi! I'm Sessy and I'm the owner of a young White's Tree Frog named Spicy Marmalade.
    I'm in the process of getting together a house with living plants together for my fwoggy.
    Only, I'm not sure which plants are poisonous. I have a basic guideline list from on of those frog books, but I would like to know what you guys have. And what should be completely avoided.
    Also, I was using coconut husk as substrate, but switched to rubber foam/couch stuffins, due to the fact that they can get impacted, only now that I the foam is in there, he doesn't climb as much. And he sleeps on the foam during the day..

Also, are White's like humans, they are picky with what they eat? I tried putting 5 waxworms on a stone dish, while they were warm and wiggly, and he completely ignored them, at one point he just stared at them from a-far, and I tired putting them in his house more than once, but he ignored them each time..
    Thanks everybody!

Default Re: Helloooo fellow frog people

My friend's White's won't eat wax worms. One of mine will. With Luigi, the first time I fed him a wax worm, he immediately took it from the tongs, and then he let his mouth open wide, and the waxworm rolled out of his mouth. He kept his mouth open for a while, and then he slowly closed it, and opened it, and closed itt, and opened it. It was definitely a "What the heck did you just feed me?" moment.

So yeah. They can be picky. On the same note, Luigi does not like waxworms as much as Baudrillard.

Kurt

Rubber foam/couch stuffins make me a little nervous as I do not know if they are safe to use. Are they toxic or not? I just don't know. I use coconut fiber with no problems.

IXSessy

Thanks for replying both of you^^

@Beat: That made me laugh and feel better. Spicy didn't even go that far, he literally stared at them for like.. 20 minutes while on the side, sitting on the Hygrometer. Though, I did try feeding one to him with tongs and he wouldn't take it, and then my arm twitched and I bumped his nose>< It scared him, so after that I was like, "screw this" and he's been on a diet of.. crix. I'm not sure what else to try feeding himXp

@Kurt: The frog books I have say it's fine. It's kind of funny, I made a hole in the foam I didn't need so I ended up stuffing the hole with more foam and Spicy uses the foam that sticks up as a pillow:3
    But I think I'm going to go back to using coconut husks, he seemed much happier with that.

snoopfroggyfrog

hi IXsessy... mine are the same they dont like wax worms either....

Quote Originally Posted by 1beataway View Post
    My friend's White's won't eat wax worms. One of mine will. With Luigi, the first time I fed him a wax worm, he immediately took it from the tongs, and then he let his mouth open wide, and the waxworm rolled out of his mouth. He kept his mouth open for a while, and then he slowly closed it, and opened it, and closed itt, and opened it. It was definitely a "What the heck did you just feed me?" moment.

So yeah. They can be picky. On the same note, Luigi does not like waxworms as much as Baudrillard.
    hi beataway....This must be the post you were refering too before....lol.... thats exactly what happened when i tried feeding them to mine!..he hee......

Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by IXSessy View Post
    Thanks for replying both of you^^
    @Kurt: The frog books I have say it's fine. It's kind of funny, I made a hole in the foam I didn't need so I ended up stuffing the hole with more foam and Spicy uses the foam that sticks up as a pillow:3
    But I think I'm going to go back to using coconut husks, he seemed much happier with that.
    You're welcome.

I don't know. It still makes me a little nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by snoopfroggyfrog View Post

hi beataway....This must be the post you were refering too before....lol.... thats exactly what happened when i tried feeding them to mine!..he hee......
    It was great to watch. It's funny that we both had frogs that did the exact same thing.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

What book recommended the foam?

IXSessy

@Tom: Tree Frogs by Devin Edmonds.

Hi, Froggyfrog, I'm glad other people have had trouble with waxworms beside me:3

Thread Information