Thread: Vivarium help

Butterflychild

Default Vivarium help

Hi all i was wondering if i should put play sand on top of my aquarim stones then top soil or other way around.? My Vivarium is for PVC and some other critters when i can figure what i can put in with them.If you have any ideas please let me know. Aswell what kind of fish can i put in the water part it may be about 2 gallons.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

J Teezy

Default Re: Vivarium help

no need for sand if you use a well draining substrate like ABG. ABG is awesome stuff. Holds moisture well and has good drainage

Butterflychild

no im using larger size gravel for bottom and top soil for top i was told to use play sand but figured on land as it will clog my filter in water part. I only have top soil that is saposidly organic. Was told by my hardware store that what it is Organic because it only has manure in it.

J Teezy

i am afraid i can't help you then. I only buy my soil for vivs from places i'm 110% sure its going to be good stuff and that there is no chance of something being in it that could do harm to my animals or plants.

Butterflychild

I was told buy other Aquarium forms (that build Vivariums for Purple Vampire Crabs) that Organic top soil is fine thats what they told me to use.

J Teezy

you'd probably get a better answer on one of those forums then since most here deal with frogs. I'm not saying no one here has ever used sand but i'm willing to bet there's more that don't than due. If you're building a viv for some crabs you're better off getting your information from the other forums you go to about crabs. Hence you haven't really got any answers from anyone but me here, as there's probably not many people here that deal with crabs.

Butterflychild

well i tried here because according the internet Purple Vampire crabs habitat is pretty well the same as a frogs (dart frogs and other kinds).

Thread Information