Thread: Baie's Tank :)

Miss Roddam

Default Baie's Tank :)

Im going to completely change Baie's tank so here are the pictures of Baie and her tank so far. Tommorow I will make over the tank.
    Here it is near the crickets that my mum just took me to Leapin lizards to buy:

A side view of the tank:

A birds-eye view of the tank:

Baie on the buttercup plant (She has pink/red tint to the stripes on her back hence the name)

Here you can faintly see the red tint on her stripes its actually more pink but my Mobile camera won't show it clearly:

The tank is this size:
    40.5cm x 23cm x 28.5cm 12.75 Litres
    And it has a crack down the side from the top which yesterday my mum fixed with the glue gun so now it holds water but i put that striped tape on just in case it didnt fill in the crack and the bottom. Don't worry when I make over the tank there will be more land and grass and plants(hopefully)
    it will have a crescent/ half moon shape of land and the remaining as a bank with sand or pebbles with water containing water fleas.
    Edit: heres more clear to see to pink tints:

Baie is the French word for "Berry"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

greene

Default Re: Baie's Tank :)

You cant keep a frog in that its way to small. Go to your pet store and by a 10 gal at least they only cost about 15 dollars. Hos big is the container your keeping it in now?

GoldenBellTreeFrog

Sam is right, that container is too small, it's more suited to a smaller frog like whistlers. I used to have a tree frog in one of those but i recently upgraded to a much bigger exo terra.

J Teezy

i would at least get that frog into a 10 gallon aquarium style tank.

Miss Roddam

Oh sorry! I thought it was big enough Since it would only be her Well im going to still change the inside of the tank because im off on holiday with my cousin and aunt and uncle so mum is already paying £400 for me and then if i asked for a new tank she might just say straight away "NO!"
    I only £7.00 spending money and i get £10 a month but i have to save it all up My birthday is 23rd of may so i will ask for money but most will just be kept from me as holiday money. I do have a vivarium but is not big its long but not very wide and to be honest the tank she is in now (blue one) Is much more humane to keep her in. Also do you mean its too small as there is hardly any land because my mum is helping me change the inside and have plants. I've had frogs in it before but when they started to get big I just kept one and it was fine. I have looked on Gumtree and ebay and might be able to get an exoterra but they all seem small to me. I prefer width than height or length. So what size would you recommend?

J Teezy

at least a 10 gallon tank

Owler

I actually find it pretty cruel that a wild caught frog is in a tank of that size. Maybe you should think of releasing it if you can't afford a new one.

Miss Roddam

I appreciate your concern but it has been captive bred. My friend has frogs and gave me a tadpole. Which is now Baie

greene

What kind of frog is this anyway
    You also might want to get a new container for the crickets maybe put them in the container that you wanted to keep your frog in

Miss Roddam

Well its a Rana.temporaria or common European frog but things are looking up as i MIGHT (i'm not saying i'm getting it but i might) get this for £25!
    It seems pretty big and im not sure what dimensions it is but its a great price!

greene

Is that wood? If your going to put water in there I would put it in a plastic ccontainer

Miss Roddam

Yea but i think the guy has sold it as he hasnt text mum back but there are a few others on gumtree so i hopefully will find onee Also i was stupid and left the cricket tub outside and they all died :@ except for some larvae and a beetle :/

Thread Information