Thread: Availability of monkey frogs

Tropicok

Default Availability of monkey frogs

Is there a certain time of year that Phyllomedusa hypochondrialis is more readily available? I haven't found a lot of them for sale on the internet at this time.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Kurt

Default Re: Availability of monkey frogs

I think spring is your best bet. That's when shipments come out of Suriname, at least thats the way it was last spring. In the meantime, keep on watching the classified over at Kingsnake.com.

Nationality
    [United States]

I'd highly recommend supporting the captive bred hobby. Mike has some: Rainforest Junky's - Monkey frogs
    Josh's Frogs - Herps, Feeders, and all the Reptile Supplies you need! Same day shipping (800)691-8178

Tropicok

Yes, Josh, I saw the ad. But if you will read my post on General Discussions about online shipping charges............ I know, I know, if you can't afford it, don't play the game...... but no one would own critters if that was the case. I'm not blaming the dealers and breeders, it's the shipping companies, plus after working in retail I know merchants make some money back on shipping charges. It's just hard living so far away from exotic dealers. I'm gonna grit my teeth and wait for the big reptile show in Arlington, TX in March. Our herp society usually carpools to it.

Tropicok

By the way, Josh, you have a good reputation here.

Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by joshsfrogs View Post
    I'd highly recommend supporting the captive bred hobby. Mike has some: Rainforest Junky's - Monkey frogs
    His Phyllomedusa hypochondrialis nicely proced. Only $15. I would bite the bullet and get some.

Nationality
    [United States]

I'm gonna grit my teeth and wait for the big reptile show in Arlington, TX in March
    If you are referring to the NARBC in arlington, I believe Mike does that show.

By the way, Josh, you have a good reputation here.
    Glad to hear that.

But if you will read my post on General Discussions about online shipping charges............ I know, I know, if you can't afford it, don't play the game...... but no one would own critters if that was the case. I'm not blaming the dealers and breeders, it's the shipping companies, plus after working in retail I know merchants make some money back on shipping charges.
    I posted a couple of years ago about how I was predicting that rising shipping costs would kill the hobby end of breeding as bigger companies can often ship items at half the cost of hobbiests. But, I think Ship Your Reptiles - Ship Live Reptiles Easily, Securely and Affordably has the potential to make my prediction wrong. I hope that it catches on.
    Josh's Frogs - Herps, Feeders, and all the Reptile Supplies you need! Same day shipping (800)691-8178

Thread Information