Thread: Pictures of my babies from tadpole to now! (When I say pictures, I mean a BUNCH of pictures)

Flick

Default Pictures of my babies from tadpole to now! (When I say pictures, I mean a BUNCH of pictures)

I figured, I've been poking around other peoples pictures of their gorgeous froggies, it's time to showcase my babies!

These little sweeties I found in a puddle that was swiftly drying out. I think the frogs in our area got over confident as it had been raining non-stop for 8 weeks at that point. Anywho! Many cars had driven through this puddle and most of the spawn were dead. However I managed to find four live tadpoles amongst the masses and this is when I decided it was time to get my license and give the little ones some kind of chance.

Lou: Peron's Tree Frog.

Thrall & Bubba: Green Tree Frogs. (White's Tree Frogs for all you Americans!)

Achilles: I have nooo idea.

This was my tadpole set-up, I did the best I could with the resources I had and thankfully they all turned out okay. However, should there be a next time, I now know more suitable lay-outs for growing tadpoles. Ignorance is bliss!

This is Lou as a tadpole, he was the biggest and wasn't shy at all. So I have plenty of pictures of him and none of the other guys!

Another picture of Lou as a tadpole, photobombed by my little river-snail.

I'm not sure who this is, but someone starting to sprout legs! I think it was Lou again... I may have shown a bit of favouritism.

This is Thrall just before I moved him into the 'graduation tank', half water and half pebbles, plants and substrate for them to climb out onto.

Bubba just climbing out of the water and onto the weed in the graduation tank.

Lou sort of went from 'hind legs and tail' to froglet with tail overnight! He emerged suddenly and very decidedly.

Bubba having finally absorbed his tail, he was starting to get hungry.

As you can see, nothing much has changed since then. He is still always hungry...

This is my little fellow with spindly leg syndrome, Achilles. I'm just seeing how he goes at the moment, but if things take a turn for the worse and he cannot eat or seems unhappy, he will unfortunately need to be euthanized.

Annnnd this is Lou now! He is growing a whole lot faster than everyone else, however he always seems 'skinnier'. Hopefully he can slow down for a minute just to eat.

2. 2 members thank Flick for this post:

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

NetworkLabs

Default Re: Pictures of my babies from tadpole to now! (When I say pictures, I mean a BUNCH of pictures)

Awe! Cute frogs! I cannot wait to breed my Spotted Chorus Frogs and raise my own tadpoles!

Kristen

Default Re: Pictures of my babies from tadpole to now! (When I say pictures, I mean a BUNCH of pictures)

Aww I love Lou!
    Pretty certain Archilles is a Verreaux's Tree Frog though. Here's a picture of one to compare http://mybackyard.info/backyardblog/...rreauxii_3.jpg

InfinitysDaughter

Omg! They are soooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!

KingCam

Fantastic Thanks for sharing! you've got me even more excited to see my tadpoles climb out of the water XD

S13

Thrall? Warcraft refrence? If so, totally bad ***!

Thank you for sharing.

Flick

Haha I'm glad you guys think they're as cute as I do! I love watching them grow and change.

And yes :P Thrall is a Warcraft reference, I figured my frog is awesome and green, Thrall is awesome and green. It fits.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Good job! They're adorable .
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

pansie

As a WoW nerd myself... i LOVE Thrall!! lol

Also, omg, i hope someday to raise my own tads and i am LOVING seeing people's pics and hearing their stories! What an amazing thing!! <3 i LOVE the pic where the one is sprouting legs! i would die!! haha (like, a good die, not a bad die!)

Cronopio

I love these photos! Yay you for saving these little guys!

Thread Information