Thread: White tree frog plant suggestions..

Gdbyrd

Default White tree frog plant suggestions..

I'm putting together a 29g vivarium for a white tree frog. I'd like suggestions on plants before I even begin my construction so I can visualize it out. The background is going to be a great stuff/coco fiber deal, and I'm going to have a pretty good sized water feature and a whole lot of climbing surfaces.

I know these guys get pretty beefy, so that's going to limit my plant choices to stuff that can support their weight. I've read I need a lot of broms and snake plants.. Other than that I'm at a loss and completely open to suggestions.

I've done a handful of small vivariums, but they were for dart frogs and it was a completely different setup. Some of that I can carry over..but even then, I was a complete noob with the plants. So please, help me out!

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: White tree frog plant suggestions..

Snake plants are a good start. If you use broms, be sure to avoid specimens that have sharp spines. Philodendrons and pothos are also good choices. While they wouldn't support an adult Whites' weight, they are tough enough to put up with the abuse. Peace lily, dieffenbachia, calathea, alocasia and aglaonema are all broad-leafed and robust enough for White's. However, they all tend to get kind of big and may be too tall for a 29 gallon. Have you considered a vertical conversion?

Gdbyrd

Default Re: White tree frog plant suggestions..

I really like the look of a long tank. I know a taller tank would be more ideal for a WTF, but I already have too many things going for this project to flip it. I'm a little worried about space too, because anything that's going to be able to hold up to these guys is probably going to get large....

I'll look into those plants. Thanks! Tomorrow I'm hoping I can get to my local pet store and buy some wood to get started on the background/water feature.

Thread Information