Thread: I must be NUTS!

kmhort

Default I must be NUTS!

I spent at least two hours today trying net minnows for my African Clawed Frog. I am not sure she is worth it. Well, I guess she is, but the water was really cold, not to mention getting stung by fire ants on the bank of the river. Crazy!

She has been mad at me, because I haven't been to store to buy her more fish. (But, since losing my job I try not to drive 50 miles just to get her fish.) So, I decided to try the free kind. I wasn't sure if she would eat them but, oh yeah. Though these guys are a lot faster than the rosy minnows you get in the store. I told her that it would make it more of a challenge.

Now, I have two aquariums, one for the frog and one for the minnows. I must be nuts.

How far can frog love go?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [New Zealand]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: I must be NUTS!

Welcome to the nutty club.You are not alone, allot of us do keep tanks for breeding our frog food. I thought I was nuts until I found this forum.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

I would be worried about parasites but feeding your frog is better then not.

kmhort

Don't worry, nothing at my house goes hungry. Peanut, will eat fish food just fine, but as she has gotten bigger it doesn't seem to satisfy her as well. Besides, the minnows actually look healthier than the ones I buy. We will see.

The last thing I would do is give her something that I thought would harm her in anyway. I look at it like this: I wouldn't be afraid to eat them.

Purpleskull

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Highum View Post
    I would be worried about parasites but feeding your frog is better then not.
    I was going to say the same thing, I'd worry about wild caught fish. You have no idea if it might have some sort of parasite or something that could be unhealthy for your frog. Word of caution.

Thread Information