Thread: Good Australian Morning!

Flick

Default Good Australian Morning!

Hey there!

My name is Flick and I am a complete newbie to amphibians. Having pulled some tadpoles out of a quickly drying puddle on the street, I now have two Green Tree Frog (American's call them Whites tree frogs?), one Peron's Tree Frog and a little Marsh frog who appears to have spindly leg but is happy and fat regardless.

I started with a small upright tank but finding a beautiful, albeit terribly looked after vivarium at a garage sale, I've snapped it up and am now creating a 3ft by 2ft environment to move my little babies into when they grow.

Can someone explain to me WHY ARE FROGS SO ADDICTIVE? I've gotten my license now (Shh, Don't tell the authorities I had my taddies first!) and now I can't wait for the Royal Easter Show so I can have a look at some more!

Anyway, That's my story! No doubt you'll be hearing a lot more from myself about my little babies, I'm one of those panicky mums!

So, G'day and talk to you all soon!

Kristen

Default Re: Good Australian Morning!

Hi!
    Yeah, they're Whites Tree Frogs everywhere else but Australia I think,
    Probably not a good idea mixing those species, one of the mixes I do know of that you can do is Marsh frogs and Southern Brown Tree Frogs. Hope you marsh frogs leg is okay!
    Good luck constructing the tank, it's almost as addicting as frogs, .
    I never thought I'd get so into frogs, and then from frogs get into reptiles, now I've got a house full of tanks, haha. So prepare yourself! :P
    I'm sure everyone would love to hear more, and if you have the chance you should post some pictures
    Good morning, have a good day

Flick

Hey Kristen!
    Definitely not mixing the species in my tanks too badly, my tree frogs (Peron's and Green) are living in the construction zone together and my little teeny marshy (the size of a 5 cent piece, so cute!) is by himself in the smaller tank. The tree frogs don't really seem to notice each other at this point, I guess because they're only morphlings having only lost their tales between one day and two weeks ago.

The marshes legs unfortunately will never right themselves. Apparently spindly leg is to do with the heat of the puddle he was in being too high, which makes sense in the Australian sun. He can climb a little and hop uncooridinately, but at this stage he is eating well and is fat/healthy looking. However if at any stage he starts to lose condition and seem unhealthy, I will have him humanely put Dow .

Kristen

Good to hear, and aw cute! I have some baby brown tree frogs and it's amazing how tiny they are. How cute are baby green tree frogs with their little face stripe, haha.
    Aw too bad, I guess in the wild nature would of taken course and he wouldn't be alive. Good job for saving him Hopefully he'll be fine

Flick

This is my little baby green tree frog in the holding box waiting for me to clean his tank.

Kristen

Aww his adorable, very plump too

Thread Information