Thread: Just an Idea (input needed)

eric048

Default Just an Idea (input needed)

Hey my fellow froggers and toaders I have had a great Idea, I want to start an amphibian rescue, my question is what do ya'll think? there seems to be a lot of people that let their frogs go or treat them so badly they die I was wanting to save them and eventually adopt them out, I don't want to do a reptile and amphibian rescue simply because I don't want 10foot snake or monitors walking and slithering around, I figure with amphibians being mostly small this a possible idea. what do ya'll think? any help would be great

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Jess

Default Re: Just an Idea (input needed)

I say if you've got the room to house a good amount of frogs (taking into account all their specific requirements), enough money for medical and food, and time for cage care - go for it .

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Thumbs up!
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Kristen

That would be amazing! It would also bring awareness that cats and dogs arent the only mistreated animals.
    They have something like that in Australia that rescues Banana box frogs (frogs that have been found in vege/fruit boxes) and then they adopt them out too!
    Heres the website if you want a look VFG > Feature articles > The Lost Frogs' Home
    "An estimated 6000-8000 frogs are transported to Melbourne annually in produce. These tropical frogs cannot survive in Victoria's cool climate nor can they be returned to their home state due to fears of spreading disease. These displaced frogs are cared for at the VFG's and ARC's Lost Frogs' Home, nursed back to health in quarantine and eventually placed into a caring home as a family pet."
    I guess yours would kind of like that, but you would be helping mistreated frogs too
    Good luck!! and great idea.

eric048

I don't know where to start though, and I can see how they can be transported in produce boxes, I once cut open a bag of mulch and there were frogs in it... not sure what type or where they were from, I still see them every other time or so when it rains, I'm thinking of contacting the local petstores and ASPCA and city animal controls, maybe the grocery store too by the sound of it.... I was kind of hoping it would become a non-profit thing and make it huge! but right now I guess I can start small and work my way up, I just don't wanna be seen as a hoarder

Kristen

Contacting the grocery store would be good, and maybe fruit/vege markets too?
    Maybe put flyers up in petstores, Good luck, I really hope this works out.

eric048

me too, I have 5 empty 10gallons, 2 empty 20g, a 40g breeder, and an exo terra 12x12x18 so I have the room for them lol

Thread Information