Thread: Pacman frog

priya

Default Pacman frog

hi everyone ive just bought a tiny baby albino pacman frog. i also have 2 whites tree frogs, 3 fire belly toads, 3 european green toads, 2 chillian rose tarantulas, 1 pink toe tarantula a giant indian mantis, a siamese cat and a german sheppard dog. can anyone give me any advise on how to keep the pacman happy and healthy?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Minhocao

Default Re: Pacman frog

Si nos fijamos en la hoja de cuidados (Bull Frog) es muy similar.

http://www.frogforum.net/frog-toad-c...heet-Info.html

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Sweet do you have any pictures of it?

priya

no i dont have any pictures yet as i only just got him yesterday he is tiny, about just over a inch. can anyone tell me about the lighting he needs as i have been led to believe not to give him a uv light as he is a albino as it burns the rog and blinds him. instead in just using a normal fish keeping bulb. i have given him subtrate of one half the tank coco bark and the other half some of tat compressed brick stuff that looks like soil once soaked in water. he has 2 hides and 2 water dishes. im a bit worried about him as ive been told there big eaters but i cany get him to eat. when i first put him in the tank he grabbed a cricket but then he spat it out. i tried again a few hours later and he ate one but hasnt eaten since. so since i had him he has only eaten 1 cricket and dosnt want to eat

Kerry1968

I wouldn't worry about him not eating yet, he's probably still stressed from the house move!

priya

is it true that if the pacman frog is put in a tank that he feels is too big he goes of his food?

Kurt

Well, the wild is much bigger than any tank could ever be, and they do eat in the wild.

priya

i only asked the question because the shop i got him from advised me to take him out of the tank he is in and put him in the smallest size critter keeper as he said the frog is intimidated by lots of space and if he is in a tank too big then he will get stressed and stop eating. he still isnt eating and im worried for him. (i did put him in a small kritter keeper but then i put him back in the original tank i had him in as i felt the critter keeper was too small. the tank i have him in right now is not his permanent home as it is only just over 1 ft by 10 inch but it is tall which i know he doesnt need but hes only just over a inch big. i plan on getting him a 2ft tank when he gets bigger.

scribbles

The smallest size Kritter Keeper is too small. Leave him alone and keep offering food, he is probably stressed out from the moves.

Kurt

Or sick. A large size enclosure should NOT stop him from eating. Stress or illness can, as can improper environmental conditions.

priya

so can you tell me what the right environmental conditions are please?

Nationality
    [United Kingdom]

I've kept them at between 25 and 30 C, make one side of the substrate damper than the other and try to resist the temptation to keep moving, uncovering and disturbing them for a while. Put in some food and wait, one day is not long to settle down and from what you say its been in two cages in this time. Out of interest where did you get it from?

priya

i got him from a shop in leicester called scales and tails, i have now moved his heat mat to the bottom of the tank instead of on the side to try and heat up the substate move, he has buryied his self in with just his head sticking out. i did see him eat a cricket last night but tried him again this morning but he didnt eat. im also using just a normal fish tank light to give him a sence of day and night, which comes on a t 8am and goes of at 8pm. i think im going to try and get him a new home as he is a bit boring compared to my whites tree frogs and european toads and fire belly toads. mark let me know if u know anyone who would be intressted in buying him as birmingham is not far from leicester. i would just want £30 which is what i paid for him.

priya

oh the shop doesnt have anymore pacman frogs it was a one of that he had one in.

Thread Information