Thread: new tetra filter pics

BigBlue83

Default new tetra filter pics

im currently remodeling my frogs tank, also thinking bout going bigger because my ideas are flowing. however this is the new tetrafilter and some more rocks i added... (im going to keep adding and adding till it takes me to a bigger tank.) (its a 20g Long)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

BigBlue83

Default Re: new tetra filter pics

my three Football stars love that plant! theyve had it for a while now. they always hang out under it. also because its fake and sturdy they can sit on the leaves. so besides sitting on the second row of leaves they will climb to the top. forte likes to sit up on top of the tetra filter. Urlacher of course always try to climb to the top using the rocks as a latter. (i put weight on that corner so he cant lift it--theres a rock there, not just the toy)

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: new tetra filter pics

Hi, bigblue83,

I think I how what you are trying to achieve.

If you are still experimenting.... try stacking the rocks in a u shape, making "islands" on either side, and a slim ribbon of "land" across the back. It makes the tank look/feel bigger. The fitler will still function with the gravel pushed up higher against it.

A suggestion to hold down the overall weight: go to a craft store and puchase foam, as thick as you can find. Cut it the shape you want a little smaller than the inside diamention of the tank, including the slope of the shoreline. It takes up alot of space under gravel, and is easily covered. Fish tank sponge filters are basically just form beneficially bacteria will colonize the foam, thus helping to maintain water quality. I have done this and it works wonderfully.

My only other suggestion is to add a background. It will change to whole look, and you might like it more.

I am like you... I like and dont like my tanks at the same time, and always tinkering with them, thinking "I can do better". And I experiement with different ways of achieving the look I am trying to get without spending tons of cash. I remind myself that this part of the fun. And it seems, especially with fire belly toads, that they enjoy the changes being curious little critters. Nowadays it is called "enrichment", improving the housing, making it as natural as possible, giving the "inmates" some place interesting in which to live.

Thread Information