Thread: New to owning a Pac-man

Fightingwings

Default New to owning a Pac-man

Hello all. I took home my adorable little Pac-man last weekend and I wanted to know if I could get some feedback on my tank set up so that I know if there is anything that I need to do to make him more comfortable. I have a ten gallon tank with coconut fiber and substrate. There are large pieces of moss as well as a plastic plant that provides him with hiding places. He has a large water dish on the other side of then tank. There is a heating pad underneath the tank as well as a light that provides heat. I also have a background that covers three sides of the tank.

I live in Alaska, so the tank requires more than a once a day spray down. I purchased a repti-fogger today, and it seems to work well. If I could get any feed back on my tank set-up that would be great! Also, I have no idea what species my pac-man is.Name:  tank 2.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  10.3 KBName:  tank 1.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  6.2 KBName:  pacman 1.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  5.0 KBName:  pacman 2.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  2.6 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: New to owning a Pac-man

What kind of substrate are you using? Make sure he/she doesn't. Eat any moss by accident. Its an impaction(sever constipation) which could cause death.

You need to post pictures of just your frog and I can tell you what species he/she is.

Setup doesn't look too bad. Make sure the water in the dish is shallow. It can't be any deeper than half the height of your frog or below his/her chin.

Fightingwings

The moss pieces are too big for him to be able to eat, and I also check on him regularly. Unfortunately, those pictures are about as good as they are going to get. They were taken from my phone. The water dish is ok, I saw him sitting in it the other day and he was fine. I will try to post a better picture in a minute

GeorgiaBulls

That's a great looking setup.. I'm not an expert, but I'm pretty sure u will want to take the moss out, it can kill them if ingested. Also the heating pad should be put up on one side of the tank instead of on the underside, if ur pac burrows down too close to the pad it can get him too hot.
    There are much more experienced peeps on here that will prob point out anything I've missed. Ur Pac is a great looking boy/girl as well.

Fightingwings

Name:  pacman 2.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  75.4 KBName:  pacman.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  42.4 KB

Fightingwings

I can take the moss out. It was suggested to my by Petco to have hiding places for him. I can just get some more plastic plants. I don't think that I will be able to move the heating pad, it says not to remove it once applied. There is a layer of thick green fabric between the glass and the substrate. I am pretty sure that he is a guy, but he has not made any noises yet, so I am not sure. Thanks! I think he is adorable...for a frog. Also I can't get the pictures to get any bigger, sorry about the repost

Sue H

You should remove the heating pad. These guys burrow under the substrate to cool off and he'll burrow only to get hotter and quite possibly burned. Keep the substrate moist but not overly wet. If you have moss in the tank feed him out of the tank, you may think he can't eat it but it's amazing what they can fit into their mouths, that's why they're Pac Man frogs lol. He looks happy, enjoy the little guy, congrats!

Nationality
    [United States]

A heating pad can be used on the opposite side of his water bowl, but place on the outside aside wall . Your tank is very pretty. Moss is risky if you feed in the tank by the moss. You can remove the moss when feeding.

Cute PAC! It's a little tough to see, but from what I can tell it's looks as though you have a nice brown cranwelli .

I have a brown cranwelli and a nicely substrate stained orange fantasy .
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Nationality
    [United States]

I think he/she is a Green Cranwelli judging from the face color. To young for you to sex him/her yet. If you are using the large clumps of moss that are alive it may be fine for a while. Once he/she becomes larger you'll want to take it out. You seriously do not want him/her to eat any of it by accident.

You can very very carefully remove the UTH and replace it on the side. Just be careful not to bend it. They have very small fragile wireing within them and can be damaged easily. That's why it says not to remove them once placed on.

Fightingwings

Thank you everyone for your great advice! I did not know how old he was, the lady at Petco only said that he can get bigger.

Thread Information