Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Red eye acting weird(sick?)

Griffin

Default Re: Red eye acting weird(sick?)

Oh wow,i thought it was going to be way way more than $50,thank you soooo much lynn

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Griffin,

I would definitely take him to the vet.

I use a soft tip Qtip wet with dechlorinated water and gently push the cricket back just enough so my frog closes his mouth on it. Then I set him back into his home. He always swallows it.

My retf that I rescued from my local mall sometimes stops eating. His housing conditions are all perfect. I believe he has been traumatized. I have been force feeding him for quite some time now. Yours should eat on his own again once he has strength.

Anyway... I dust it, hold my baby in a wet dechlorinated new paper towel, gently slide the corner of his mouth open, hold the corner open by setting the wet Qtip to the side of his mouth, slide the small cricket, worm, or dubia in and he always closes his mouth. Then I set him down or hold him upright to swallow it.

I agree with Grif and Lynn, try a small needless syringe...I would mash or blenderize a cricket (no legs), a worm, and or both with a bitty pinch of vitamin herp powder, & some dechlorinated water until you get a mushy wet pudding and feed the way as noted about. But feed to the side of his mouth so you do not choke him.

If I have to force feed Twiggy tonight I'll try and tape the procedure. It's tough to tape bc I feed him myself, but I'll try and set my phone up so it's taping hands free.

I am worried for your frog. He cannot tolerate any longer delay. Stay strong and motivated. You can still save him if you act quickly, get him to a vet, and force feed him.

I took my scratched injured baby from this ...

To this...

with no experience at all and just guidance from my friends here. And yours will likely eat again. Mine had wounds and social issues. I could explain more, but that'd be for a different thread, not yours.

You can do it! Just hang in there. At this point your frog needs you to do this for him.

Good luck, sweetie!
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

So sorry to hear about your frogs problems.

The vet seems like the way to go now, when you call for an appointment you can ask them how much a general examination costs for an idea of the expense (emergency treatment is likely more though). There are a few in your area, so you can try asking around.

I've happily never had to force feed a frog, but I'd wonder about mashing an earthworm into a syringe instead of a cricket? They are far superior nutritionally.

Sorry I don't have much to add, but I'm hoping your frog will recover.

Griffin

iam going to call around and see which place has the most responsible price,also when the time comes,what route should i go for transport?a storm came thru here in vegas and the temps have dropped quite-abit.right now the temp is 36f and a high of 58f for today

Nationality
    [United States]

Use a small cricket keeper with moist dechlor watered paper towel on all four sides and the bottom. Have the car warmed up. Wrap the outside of your critter keeper in a dark blanket or towel to keep it warm.

I think if it were me I'd cut up some worms into little pieces, add dechlor water and a pinch of the calcium or vita powder and toss it right in the blender. Use leuk warm or slightly warm water, not cold. Like a milkshake for him. It'd be easier to pull up into a syringe.
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Nationality
    [United States]

You can also use canned cat food for malnurished cats and dogs. Royal Canine is a good brand. Make sure its not shredded or chunks. It should be the solid lump that's in the shape of the can. You can suck this up in the seinge and force feed it to your frog. It safe and works well. You can mix calcium and vitamins with it as well.

Nationality
    [United States]

Hows it going? Were you able to feed her?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information