Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to treat Wc Cornuta?

IvoryReptiles

Default Re: How to treat Wc Cornuta?

Those are gorgeous!!!!

On a side note........our cornuta ate a mouse tonight!!!!!!!
    (Insert Happy Frog Ate Dance here.....NOT to be confused with the ever dreaded Pee-Pee Dance!!)

You have NO idea how happy that makes me! I can not feed frogs to frogs.....it just doesn't feel right!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

coastal20

Quote Originally Posted by IvoryReptiles View Post
    Those are gorgeous!!!!

(Insert Happy Frog Ate Dance here.....NOT to be confused with the ever dreaded Pee-Pee Dance!!)

You have NO idea how happy that makes me! I can not feed frogs to frogs.....it just doesn't feel right!
    Congrats!! I will let you know how feeding goes for me tonight. Fingers crossed that the skinny one will eat..

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Those are gorgeous!!!!

Lol! you crack me up Jess. There is no shame in your words.

I'm glad to hear you got her eating. Now all you need is a Male and you guys can start tryibg to breed them. (well that is if she is actually a she.)

coastal20

Well I had to force feed the skinny cornuta two roaches, but he did keep them down and didn't struggle at all. The other one I am going to leave alone for a couple days.

GeorgiaBulls

Congrats on ur pickup. They are absolutely beautiful!! Hope they stay healthy for ya..

johnny888

I so want one of this someday.

IvoryReptiles

Quote Originally Posted by coastal20 View Post
    Well I had to force feed the skinny cornuta two roaches, but he did keep them down and didn't struggle at all. The other one I am going to leave alone for a couple days.
    Yay!! It feels good when you can at least get them to swallow the food. You know at least they have something in the tummy! Best of Luck with the other one!!

coastal20

Just got this in today.
    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1331915480371.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  79.7 KB

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

coastal20

So with the ecozone my cornuta cages are 87 degrees and 86 humidity. Is this a good max temp for them? Then have the temp drop to 80 at night? They seem to like the high temps, my cb baby cornuta ate 5 crickets last night, and I had to force feed the 2 wc cornutas a couple dubias. The way I force feed is to take a 1 inch dubia and just gently run it along the cornutas mouth, then they always open up and gladly eat the food...two times this has worked for me. I always try to feed with tongs first though.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by coastal20 View Post
    So with the ecozone my cornuta cages are 87 degrees and 86 humidity. Is this a good max temp for them? Then have the temp drop to 80 at night? They seem to like the high temps, my cb baby cornuta ate 5 crickets last night, and I had to force feed the 2 wc cornutas a couple dubias. The way I force feed is to take a 1 inch dubia and just gently run it along the cornutas mouth, then they always open up and gladly eat the food...two times this has worked for me. I always try to feed with tongs first though.
    87 is a little high. 85 would be better. I occationally raise my temps to 86 or 87 for an hour or 2 then lower it to 84 or 85. The humidity level is fine. Cornuta like higher humidity. You could got to 78 or for a night temp just don't go lower. To wide of a temp fluxuation can stress your frogs.

Froggiefressh

Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    I would breed them myself if I could. I can get all the supplies I need for breeding from this company, but I don't have the space.
    I live in Michigan I get hornworms for my cranwelli and tomato frog. $10.45 is not a bad price, the shipping is what sucks! I buy them for a dollar each which is a bit much for me, but the way the pet store raises them doesn't seem like it would take too much space(I'm not sure whatch you're working with space wise) they keep there's in a deli cup/jar like people do with there fruit fly cultures and just put the food they feed them and like a netting for them to climb. You probably already know this just throwing that out there just in case you didn't! For some reason both my tomato and cranwelli stopped eating them not a clue why, but I'm sure they'll start eat them again soon. Hornworms grow incredibly fast too.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Froggiefressh View Post
    I live in Michigan I get hornworms for my cranwelli and tomato frog. $10.45 is not a bad price, the shipping is what sucks! I buy them for a dollar each which is a bit much for me, but the way the pet store raises them doesn't seem like it would take too much space(I'm not sure whatch you're working with space wise) they keep there's in a deli cup/jar like people do with there fruit fly cultures and just put the food they feed them and like a netting for them to climb. You probably already know this just throwing that out there just in case you didn't! For some reason both my tomato and cranwelli stopped eating them not a clue why, but I'm sure they'll start eat them again soon. Hornworms grow incredibly fast too.
    I've tried to let the pupas metamorph into the Tobacco butterflies but they usually don't come out. I knew the process its just the growth factor that is the problem. They grow so fast that I'm pretty sure there would be deli cups everywhere.

Your frogs probably stopped eating them because they are tired of them. Like us the tire of the same food after a while and want something different. Try a different food for a while then try the Hornworms again.

IvoryReptiles

Mine just don't seem that interested in eating them again.....they took the first ones aggressively, but afte that, some of them actually turned them down!

Nationality
    [United States]

Mine just don't seem that interested in eating them again.....they took the first ones aggressively, but afte that, some of them actually turned them down!
    Maybe their tastes differ too.

coastal20

Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    Maybe their tastes differ too.
    Both of mine have no interest in crickets, roaches, or nightcrawlers. I snapped another pic of them, so I will try to get that posted tonight.

coastal20

Name:  IMG_20120319_224327.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  108.8 KBName:  IMG_20120319_224436.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  117.5 KBName:  IMG_20120319_230452.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  113.8 KB

Froggiefressh

This is exactly what happened with my little guys. They seemed to LOVE them at first but after like the 3rd feeding they denied them.

pyxieBob

despite this drawing of mine don't feed them goldfish

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?j0k1tu
    Attached Images Attached Images  

IvoryReptiles

Quote Originally Posted by pyxieBob View Post
    despite this drawing of mine don't feed them goldfish

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?j0k1tu
    True, we use Mollies or Guppies when feeding fish to our frogs.........but they will try to get them in the bowl......pretty sure our little betta bowls have hundreds of tongue prints on them!!

coastal20

True, we use Mollies or Guppies when feeding fish to our frogs.........but they will try to get them in the bowl......pretty sure our little betta bowls have hundreds of tongue prints on them!!
    I went to my local pet store yesterday and they had neither mollies or guppies, just feeder goldfish so I just bought some crickets. To my surprise tonight both cornutas decided to eat 3 crickets each!! Finally no more force feeding. I also caught one of them shedding this morning and wow I could not believe how bright green it was.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information