Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kevin and Eddie escaped! :o

Kristen

Unhappy Kevin and Eddie escaped! :o

Lets start at the beginning.
    I was asleep on the couch when I woke up to that awfull scream frogs make when they feel threatened. I didn't realise it was one of the frogs at first because I was half asleep. I rushed into the room where I heard the scream and saw my cat (Hamish) and I couldn't really see anything else because I forgot to turn the light on, and its 3am, but I kind of gathered it was a frog noise that I heard by then, and I thought it was my brown tree frog flower. I picked up Hamish and threw him into another room and shut the door.I ran back to turn the light on and saw my baby boy Kevin sitting there all puffed up (My whites tree frog) He hopped behind a cabinet and I started crying because I didnt really get to see if he was hurt or not. He walked out from behind it and I saw he was okay. I kept a close eye on him, and I was reluctant to pick him up incase he started screaming again so I just watched him for a while. He hopped over to a bucket full of stones and pebbles and I grabbed my camera (I have no clue why, I am just one of them people who like to take pictures of everything) he sat on the ledge of it for a while. Then he started climbing inside the bucket when I saw my other whites Eddie sitting there peacefully. Kevin then jumped over to ontop of his tank where I keep all my fake frogs (The plastic ones and stuff) and then I was able to get him into a container and I put him into his tank. I eventually got Eddie in the tank too.
    I found where they escaped (one of the doors isnt shutting right ) and I taped the hole up with electrical tape, so they wont be getting out again. I never realised how stressful it is when a frog escapes, and how much I loved my frogs. If anything ever happens to them I don't know what I'd do.
    Heres the pictures of them I took (I have no clue why I would take pictures at a time like that though, ahah)

Kevin looking a bit shaken up on the ledge of the stone bucket.

I found Eddie too!

Kevin decided to join the plastic frogs ontop of his tank, haha.

Kevin decided to play hide and seek, haha

Eddie in the stone bucket.

Poor Eds covered in cat hair

Kevins back in his tank, his got a few scratches but he seems fine.

Time to get Eddie in too.

Eddies in and there is no way the frogs will get out now

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Iragil

Default Re: Kevin and Eddie escaped! :o

Are white's very common outdoor in Australia?

Kristen

Quote Originally Posted by Iragil View Post
    Are white's very common outdoor in Australia?
    Yeah, they're everywhere in Queensland, but I don't have them in my state.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Glad you found them before anything happened to them! Even stressed out they are cute lil guys!

Kristen

Quote Originally Posted by helm96 View Post
    Glad you found them before anything happened to them! Even stressed out they are cute lil guys!
    Same! I was so glad that Kevin led me over to where Eddie was, because I didnt even know Eddie was missing too.
    Thanks,

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

I'm glad everything was ok! Keep a close eye on them. They are adorable! I love the shot of Kevin with the plastic frog!!

S13

White's are little misfits from what I can gather. I love mine so much though Glad they were okay, I have cats also and I know they are just waiting for a frog escape. Won't let it happen though! haha

Kristen

Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    I'm glad everything was ok! Keep a close eye on them. They are adorable! I love the shot of Kevin with the plastic frog!!
    Thanks I will, I stayed up till 5am checking on them, and my cat spent the night outside, I'm not too happy with him. :P
    Thanks, I loved how he put his arm around it.

Kristen

Quote Originally Posted by S13 View Post
    White's are little misfits from what I can gather. I love mine so much though Glad they were okay, I have cats also and I know they are just waiting for a frog escape. Won't let it happen though! haha
    Haha yeah. I never realised how much I loved my frogs till I thought something awfull had happened to them. Thanks . Yeah both my cats are gonna be outside all weekend, just in-case.

S13

Also, I like how Kevin gets up on that fake frog like, "Sup, babe?" hahaha

Kristen

Also, I like how Kevin gets up on that fake frog like, "Sup, babe?" hahaha
    Hahaha what a playa.

S13

They have such great personalities I need to get a pal for my current one. Since i have him/her in a 40 gallon, I'm sure another one in there wont hurt. I may wait until the next expo being that I bought this current one for $10 at the last expo I attended. That was awesome.

Kristen

They have such great personalities I need to get a pal for my current one. Since i have him/her in a 40 gallon, I'm sure another one in there wont hurt. I may wait until the next expo being that I bought this current one for $10 at the last expo I attended. That was awesome.
    Yeah I agree, Any excuse to get a new frog
    I need some girls for Eddie and Kevin though, they keep croaking like mad. Haha. Thats pretty cheap! They had them for $10 at an expo in February but they were too little and Eddie and Kevin might have eaten them if I got them. Eddie and Kevin were $50 for them both.

S13

$50 for both sounds about right Yup always a reason to get more frogs I want to figure out the sex of the one I have now and get the opposite when I get a second They can have each other as a boyfriend/girlfriend for life. How do you feed yours btw. I honestly have only been able to get this one to eat in a separate container, he/she ignores crickets in the glass bowl

Kristen

$50 for both sounds about right Yup always a reason to get more frogs I want to figure out the sex of the one I have now and get the opposite when I get a second They can have each other as a boyfriend/girlfriend for life. How do you feed yours btw. I honestly have only been able to get this one to eat in a separate container, he/she ignores crickets in the glass bowl
    Yeah when I got Eddie and Kevin, my plan was to have a boy and a girl and breed them. But it turned out they were both boys. So good luck sexing him/her.
    I just put crickets in there tank, but I used to separate them to eat when they were younger to make sure they were eating because Kevin has always looked a bit skinny, no matter how much he eats.
    Looks like you have a fussy eater on your hands

S13

Yeah. It could be that he/she is still getting used to their home? Tomorrow will be a 1 full week that I've had him/her. Oh well as long as it's eating, that's the important part.

Nano

Hey Kristen,

Glad to hear you found them!!

Maybe you can look for one of these,

They are quite cheap in bunnings. They are a bit annoying (specially for me that I like opening the doors all the time), but it's safer and it will look much better than the tape

Kristen

Quote Originally Posted by Nano View Post
    Hey Kristen,

Glad to hear you found them!!

Maybe you can look for one of these,

They are quite cheap in bunnings. They are a bit annoying (specially for me that I like opening the doors all the time), but it's safer and it will look much better than the tape
    With them do you have to drill through the glass or anything?
    and its cause the glass tilts on an angle leaving room for the frogs to crawl out (almost like there is a chip at the bottom of the glass or something) so I'm not sure if they would help? But I'll go to bunnings soon and get one to see.

Kristen

Yeah. It could be that he/she is still getting used to their home? Tomorrow will be a 1 full week that I've had him/her. Oh well as long as it's eating, that's the important part.
    Yeah thats probably it. Do you know how the people who had her before fed her?

Nano

Quote Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
    With them do you have to drill through the glass or anything?
    and its cause the glass tilts on an angle leaving room for the frogs to crawl out (almost like there is a chip at the bottom of the glass or something) so I'm not sure if they would help? But I'll go to bunnings soon and get one to see.
    No drilling, you just tight the screw (it has a plastic cap) onto one of the panels to attach it, then the other bit where the key goes serves as a stop. My tank (Reptile One) came with it.

The only other option I know is the magnetic lock (look at the end of this page ::Reptile One::)

The guy at the shop told me that the tanks used to come with the magnetic lock but now they switched to the other model I told you before. I tried the magnetic one and it's quite good, but I think the magnet was very strong making it hit the door quite hardly when you are locking it. It sounded like when you throw a rock to a glass... maybe they had many breaks and they decided to switch...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information