Thread: Baby pac chirping?

InfinitysDaughter

Default Baby pac chirping?

I cant be 100% that it wasn't the tree frogs but both of them are confirmed female and I've never ever heard them make a sound before.

Last night my Baby finally FINALLY ate. He actually woke me up because he was going at his crickets so viciously he'd bang into the sides of his tank. After I checked to be sure he was ok and went back to bed I started hearing this little chirping noise every few minutes. I fall asleep to the TV so I muted it for several minutes and still heard the noise so it wasn't on the TV. I got up, checked all 3 frogs again, no noise while I had the lights on and was moving around there tanks but as soon as I turned off the light and went back to bed it started up again.

I looked up video of pac calls but they were all full grown pacs. My guy is smaller then a quarter. This noise is hard to describe. Like a cricket chirp but lower and quieter. Or paper ripping but slightly higher pitched.

Is it possible it was Baby? Hes so young I didn't think he would/could chirp or croak.

Or do you think one of my tree frogs has randomly started chirping all of the sudden?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

IvoryReptiles

Default Re: Baby pac chirping?

I'm guessing it was either a treefrog or a cricket.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

I agree with Jessica. I have heard the little Chirp sounds that the babies can make and females can make this sort of peeping sound too, but it is hard to hear because its not very loud.

InfinitysDaughter

Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    I agree with Jessica. I have heard the little Chirp sounds that the babies can make and females can make this sort of peeping sound too, but it is hard to hear because its not very loud.
    Do you mean baby pacs can make a little peeping sound? Or do you mean baby tree frogs would make that sound?

It could have been one of the girls I guess, they just never have made any sounds since I got them. There havn't been any sounds all day so I'll keep an ear out tonight and see if I can tell which tank its comin from.

And thanks for all the help guys. I really appreciate it. You guys are really awesome. <3 Heck, ya'll have sorta already saved Baby's life once (it was cuse of this forum that I knew he had the eye infection so quickly and got him the treatment he needed) so ya'll are my hero's. ^w^

pansie

could it have been his/her feet squeaking on the glass?

Nationality
    [United States]

My adult female Pac sometimes runs her feet against the glass and it sounds like a little chirp. I'm willing to bet it that that

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by pansie View Post
    could it have been his/her feet squeaking on the glass?
    This is also a possibility. Even though I have heard baby Pacs make little peeping sounds this could very well have been what you heard unless your frog was out and about. Pacs are usually quiet unless a male calls or either male or female become angry.

Grunting is kind of common among adult females. Both male and female can make this popping clicking sound as well. Sort of like talking, but of course nowhere near the same. Both of mine made noises as babies that was a chirp or peep, but very rarely. Both only made these sounds a couple times. Most of them make no sounds at all as babies. It is possible you heard your Pac make this sound, but unlikely due to the sound not being very loud so it probably would not have been audable through the glass of your frogs tank.

Thread Information