Thread: Ok now im worried, need ALL the help i can get. PLEASE REPLY ASAP

shane

Default Ok now im worried, need ALL the help i can get. PLEASE REPLY ASAP

Ok, after several other problems since the day i got my pacman frog, now 5 minutes cant pass without it being flipped over on its back and not attempting to move. i think when i bought it from the pet store it was already kinda off. it slouched kind of sideways and now im really scared. i just want my frog to be ok. please reply ASAP

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

shane

Default Re: Ok now im worried, need ALL the help i can get. PLEASE REPLY ASAP

does he look healthy like he is ok?
    Attached Images Attached Images     

S13

Flipping on his back is a sign of severe stress. What's his enclosure looking like? Do you have 3 sides of his tank covered? (back and both sides). If you don't and he can see outside of the tank in every direction he's gonna freak out. Do you have him in coco fiber substrate? Is that substrate moistened up with dechlorinated/spring water? They need that stuff to be able to burrow and feel secure, if you have him on something like paper towels he's going to freak out. Do you have a clean water source for him? Again dechlorinated/spring water. What are his temps and humidity? He needs to be looking at 80-85 during the day and 75-80 at night and keeping his humidity between 60-80%. One good way to get the temps going is a heat mat on the side of the tank (opposite side of where his water dish) that is to remain on at all times, and get a 50 watt day lamp for daytime and a 50 watt infrared bulb for night time. Nothing more than 50 watts or else it'll be come a danger for him. You're gonna want a Fluker's lamp with a dimmer on it so you can control the light output/heat emitting from it. On the topic of heat/lighting it's wise to have a plant or something with wide leaves so he can have shade and feel more secure also. That's about all I can think of, I'm sure GriffTheGreat as well as many other experienced Pacman keepers will be on soon and be able to assist you further. I hope he comes around.

Sue H

Just seconding what Omar already said. They flip like that when they're stressed, do everything to make him feel warm, humid and secure and leave him alone for a day or two to let him settle down. Let us know if it helps.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Ok Shane. How long have you had your Pac. If he is still new between 3 days to a week in your care he may not be settled in yet and you constantly hovering around will stress him severely. Follow the advice that has been given. I can not stress enough that you yourself must remain calm. Like all animals your frog can pick up on your emotional state and be stressed further, plus you will not be thinking clearly if your yourself are all freaked out ok.

Omar has given solid advice on climate conditions as well as stress reduction. You must keep his climate consistant with no flucxuations for a few days. Maintain a temp no less than 80 degrees and humidity levels of 75 to 80% consistantly. This will help him adjust easier. You can move around in the room he is in, but leave him be. Let him get used to you being around in the room. He should come around.

Just stay calm and keep us posted. Pics of him and his enclosure would do wonders for us so we can advise on your setup.

Edit) why does he look really wet in your photos? If his soil is too wet it will stress him out as well. They need moist or heavily damp soil. Not mud. Let us know.

IvoryReptiles

Okay, you asked for replies ASAP and 10 hours later you can't respond? Is the frog still alive?
    Everyone is trying to help you, but questions need to be answered before anyone can advise you on what to change for the frog.
    I know I get tired of saying it, but are you using de-chlorinated water? I have seen frogs do this due to toxing out as well, so it's important to ask all of the questions put to you so far.

shane

oh my goodness guys im so sorry, i could not get my internet to connect!!! trhank you for your solid quick answers, he is doing better today. and we dont constantly hover we have to ckeck all the time to flip him back over. we put him in a small warm petco box with coco fiber in it last night just for him to spend the night. it seemed to calm him down a bit more. and yes he only about a week in my care. im sorry ivory and grif for not responding. Sue and omar, thank you a million for your help as well. when i posted this it wqas around midnight so i went to sleep, my apologies truly.

S13

Alright, in order for us to help you, you need to answer questions asked above, or else we wont get anywhere. If what was mentioned above is the opposite of how you have him housed, it needs to be fixed ASAP. What is his main enclosure looking like?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by S13 View Post
    Alright, in order for us to help you, you need to answer questions asked above, or else we wont get anywhere. If what was mentioned above is the opposite of how you have him housed, it needs to be fixed ASAP. What is his main enclosure looking like?
    All is taken care of Omar. He PM'd me and everything was answered on his other thread.

S13

Ohhhh ok awesome Keep us updated Shane!

shane

Okay guys, his new viv is set up. His temp and humidity is fine. He still won't even look at his food and he still flops over just not as much as he did before I set his viv up. We're hoping he will get better as time goes on, I will keep you updated. Thank you for the concern!

Thread Information