Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: URGENT pacman not eating

shane

Default Re: URGENT pacman not eating

well enough is enough, heather, grif, you guys have been 2 of the most HELPFUL people i have met on this site. I am doing my best to stay calm, and the spraying thing, thanks for telling me that. i tried the warm bath before and he kept freaking out, i know the water wasnt too warm or too colld. im just going to petco today and getting everything that this frog needs to be SPOILED. he will be set up completely and should i buy a hidey hole? or find something in nature and boil it?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by shane View Post
    well enough is enough, heather, grif, you guys have been 2 of the most HELPFUL people i have met on this site. I am doing my best to stay calm, and the spraying thing, thanks for telling me that. i tried the warm bath before and he kept freaking out, i know the water wasnt too warm or too colld. im just going to petco today and getting everything that this frog needs to be SPOILED. he will be set up completely and should i buy a hidey hole? or find something in nature and boil it?
    No need to boil nature. You can buy everything you need even wood. Do your best to keep stress down. You can also use unflavored Pedialyte in a warm soak. 1 oz of Pedialyte for every 10 oz of water. This will provide valuable nutrients and electrolytes your frog needs. Do this soak to help your frog since he has not been eating.

Do keep us posted.

Nationality
    [United States]

They have nice hiding caves you can purchase. Just rinse them very well with dechlorinated water.

Crossing my fingers!
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

shane

Hey everyone, he's still worrying me. But things are looking a little better. I got him to lunge at a cricket for the first time today. (tried feeding him with tongs) He didn't eat it and stopped trying after a while. But he showed signs of trying to eat, which is better than I can say for the last week. Thank you all for your help.

Nationality
    [United States]

Hey everyone, he's still worrying me. But things are looking a little better. I got him to lunge at a cricket for the first time today. (tried feeding him with tongs) He didn't eat it and stopped trying after a while. But he showed signs of trying to eat, which is better than I can say for the last week. Thank you all for your help.
    Don't give up on Frank yet. If he is trying that is a good sign. Keep us posted.

shane

ye he had a few goes at it yesterday, today he didnt even try. he still wobbly like when i first got him, i think the pet store boned me.

Nationality
    [United States]

ye he had a few goes at it yesterday, today he didnt even try. he still wobbly like when i first got him, i think the pet store boned me.
    I want you to go out and buy UNFLAVORED Pedialyte. Prepare a warm soak that consists of 10 parts water 1 part Pedialyte. So for every 10oz of water add 1oz of Pedialyte. Try this soak and let me know how he does. Use a container that he can't jump out of and make sure the water is no deeper than up to your frogs chin or just below the chin. This will greatly help your frog.

shane

ok im going to have to find some pedialyte. but dude today he was trying to bite me so i usen my tongs and put a baby cricket in his mouth and he just strated freking out and spit it out. cricket had no back legs and its jaws were too small to bite frank. maybe i have a special needs frog =/ i have dropped close to 300 bucks in the last 3 days on this guy and nothing seems to work. i just wish he was a better eater. i will definately try a pedialyte bath. how warm should the dechlor be? and what method of heating shall i use? (i shouldnt just microwave the water right?) should i just get hot tap water, dechlor it, and let it cool for a while?

Nationality
    [United States]

ok im going to have to find some pedialyte. but dude today he was trying to bite me so i usen my tongs and put a baby cricket in his mouth and he just strated freking out and spit it out. cricket had no back legs and its jaws were too small to bite frank. maybe i have a special needs frog =/ i have dropped close to 300 bucks in the last 3 days on this guy and nothing seems to work. i just wish he was a better eater. i will definately try a pedialyte bath. how warm should the dechlor be? and what method of heating shall i use? (i shouldnt just microwave the water right?) should i just get hot tap water, dechlor it, and let it cool for a while?
    As long as the water is around 78 degrees it should be fine. Use warm tap water and de-chlorinate it. Maybe try feeding him with your fingers since he tries to bite you and he will get the cricket then. Make sure it is unflavored pedialyte. You can keep trying to feed him and let him try by himself. He is probably scared.

shane

aww poor little guy =( well twice todan he spit the cricket out now. secind time he would have eaten it but the cricket was stuck to the tongs. but i shall not admitt defeat i will do my best

Nationality
    [United States]

He is showing a desire to eat. Maybe try cut up earth worm since it doesn't try to hop. This is good. They are clumsy when they are little. Just takes time.
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Sue H

I second trying cut up earthworm, they are easier to grab and easier to digest than crickets.

shane

thank you sue, grif, and heather. i saoked him in 1 part pedialyte 10 parts water last night for about 20 minutes and he stopped rolling on his back. im thinking of doing it again today. is doing it more than once a week bad?

Nationality
    [United States]

thank you sue, grif, and heather. i saoked him in 1 part pedialyte 10 parts water last night for about 20 minutes and he stopped rolling on his back. im thinking of doing it again today. is doing it more than once a week bad?
    You can do it for up to 10 days. I hope this gives him some much needed nutrients/vitamins/electrolytes/ and energy.

shane

I GOT HIM TO EAT A CHUNK OF NIGHTCRAWLER EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AFTER ALL THIS TIME! 8 days of frustration and 2 pedialyte baths later, i finally got frank to gobble down a chink of nightcrawler. i was so happy to watch him lunge at the tongs i cut a chunk of worm off and he bit it and i let it go. took him like 8 minutes but sure enough i went in to check on him as he was swallowing the last chunk. i know im not "safe" yet and will continue to monitor his activity. i am just happy he ate something. thank you all again.

Nationality
    [United States]

Yay!!!!!!!

Nationality
    [United States]

HURAY! Go Frank!!

Nationality
    [United States]

How's Frank doing? Is he still eating for you?

shane

Frank sadly is genetically just wrong. i believe he has a growth problem. and i have to force feed him just to get him to eat. i have a second pac in identical conditions and she eats, and digests normally. and she loves me haha. but frank just wont come around. sometimes ill still soak him in pedialyte to give him enough energy to open his mouth and dig a burrow, but sometimes he just refuses.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information