Thread: HELP My whites will not eat!

lildump

Default HELP My whites will not eat!

I have had my whites for almost a year now and love having her as a pet. i think she may be getting sick. over he last few months she has gone from eating 1 or 2 crickts a night to 1 a week or less. it has been about a week and a half since she last ate and im beggining to get worried. she has lost alot of weight and refuses to eat. i have tried feeding her crickets in the tank, in a smaller container and even holding them with tweezers in front of its face but it just bats them away. when she is in the containers, she shows the crickets no interest and falls asleep. i am pretty sure the day temp in her tank is around 70-75 and at night it is 60-65ish. the humidity is always around 70-80%. at night she simply sits in her bowl and hangs out which she has always done. her color has not changed either. if anyone has any suggestions or knows what to do please reply asap i dont want her to die!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

IvyTheBunny

Default Re: HELP My whites will not eat!

Do you have a light over her tank during the daytime?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Photos of the frog and its home with some basic info such as day and night time humidity and temps may help diagnose whats going on.

Also, are you using supplements such as calcium with feedings?
    Is your water source spring water or tap water? Is the water being treated with anything and if so what brand and version of treatment.
    1.0.0 Red Eyed Leaf/ Frog - Agalychnis callidryas
    1.1.1 Bumblebee Dart Frog - Dendrobates leucomelas
    1.1.0 Dendrobates truncatus - Yellow Striped
    1.1.1 Dendrobates tinctorius – Bakhuis Mountain
    1.1.0 - Dendrobates tinctorius - Powder Blue
    1.1.0 - Ranitomeya vanzolinii

lildump

i have a light over the tank during the day that is on a 12 hour timer. i have always used tap water (from a well) and do not use suppliments. she has been fine living like this for about a year and randomly stopped eating. personally, i think her tank gets a little to cold at night so i plan to pic up a night bulb.

IvyTheBunny

Tap water?! Do you treat it, at least??

Quote Originally Posted by lildump View Post
    i have a light over the tank during the day that is on a 12 hour timer. i have always used tap water (from a well) and do not use supplements. she has been fine living like this for about a year and randomly stopped eating. personally, i think her tank gets a little to cold at night so i plan to pic up a night bulb.
    If you are not dusting the crickets with powder that will be fatal to your frog and using untreated tap. Does she have trouble moving or tremors in her muscles? You might think that she has been ok like this for a year but it doesn't mean she will live a long life. You need to do more research on the care and correct ways to keep your frog happy and healthy. If I were you I would take her into a vet to get supplements in her and to see whats going on. If she is batting away the food and keeps losing weight you will most likely need to force feed her with a mixture the vet can give you or make your own paste. If not she will more than likely starve herself Good luck.

My 15 year old White's Tree Frog Hetfield (RIP 1996-June 4, 2012) and my little girl Lucy

IvyTheBunny

Untreated tap water is poison...get that poor baby to vet soon!!

lildump

no tremors and it acts totally normal just doesnt seem interested in the crickets. I will definatley take her to get checked out and start treating the water i was unaware of that.

Hope your little guy is doing ok. Where you able to bring him to a vet??

My 15 year old White's Tree Frog Hetfield (RIP 1996-June 4, 2012) and my little girl Lucy

Thread Information