Thread: help! i think Urlacher is sick!

BigBlue83

Default help! i think Urlacher is sick!

i came home from work today and urlachers color is real funny. hes/shes not as bright as before. like dull and gloomy green, not bright like before. i will take pics asap, but does anybody have any ideas????

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: help! i think Urlacher is sick!

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue83 View Post
    i came home from work today and urlachers color is real funny. hes/shes not as bright as before. like dull and gloomy green, not bright like before. i will take pics asap, but does anybody have any ideas????
    Is he acting normally?

s6t6nic6l

yes i have an idea, but wont waste my time again giving you advice seeing as you completly ignore any given and responding with stupid quotes like "my toads ain't dumb you know" to previous concerns regarding the woefully inadequate and lazy build of your setup. people should start thinking about their critters needs before the "can i have these please mr" brigade without getting the right habitat in place first. as you can see i don't wear rose tinted glasses like everyone else here which is a shame really coz some of these habitats seen on this forum are just pathetic considering the nature of these toads and should be addressed as such, but due to "friendly people" only giving advice that ain't gonna happen is it.

BRING IT ON........zzzZZZ

Nationality
    [Ireland]

There's nothing to stop you stating your opinion about something, but please do so politely. In many cases I don't think the care that some people give their frogs and toads is appropriate (not pointing to anyone in this thread - I haven't read anything by you guys). I will call it like I see it when I see it. But there's no need to be disrespectful or call names. If someone can't take constructive criticism then it's their problem, and we have the reputation system to take care of that. Give them some negative rep. But the tone of your post is definitely in the disrespectful category. You can tell someone they are wrong without bad mouthing them at the same time.
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

BigBlue83

hahaha... what a joke...
    John, you are a 100% correct. I couldnt agree with you more. Thats the thing nic666 the great diablo has a very disrespectful tone of post. On all their post, not just this one! Everyone has the ability to run their mouth behind a computer screen and through a keyboard, but could they/would they do it in person???
    as for my REP. i havent been on this forum long, but id say my rep is pretty good. I take damn good care of my frogs!!! better then some parents take care care of their kids, but S6T6D you know all about that dont you?
    what do you mean waste your time again... the time you never took before on anything besides disrespectful post towards people, or the time you wasted writing this post? If you were so concerned about wasting your time, then you never would have opened your mouth in the first place. which im sure we all could have done without.
    Sadly, you are correct people should start thinking about the animals needs before buying. Too bad for you, i am not one of those people. I dont know everything, i never will. I suggest you get your facts straight before attacking someone.
    If your so supreme at husbandry why dont you put me to shame and let the world know what it is that makes my set up woefully inadequate and lazy???

as for URLACHER... i put him, hester, and forte in the carrier and cleaned the tank. Washed the rocks and plants and put in fresh spring water. I took photos of urlacher and friends while in the carrier. I think it was the lighting playing with my eyes. seeing all three frogs in the carrier put into perspective how different the color is of all three of them. also Urlachers body is shaped different then the rest. not too mention hes/shes older then the other two...

to GRIF: no urlachers behavior is the same and hes eating fine.

If anyone is wondering i feed them repashy every couple feedings to give them nutrients and calcium and change their water about every two to three days. with spring if not spring than water that has sat out for 48 hrs and also has a de-chlorine chemical

s6t6nic6l

please could we see pics of setup and toads. thanks.

BigBlue83

Quote Originally Posted by s6t6nic6l View Post
    please could we see pics of setup and toads. thanks.
    yes you may

BigBlue83

BigBlue83

im open to pointers if someone has any? Is this set up so horrible???

Nationality
    [United States]

im open to pointers if someone has any? Is this set up so horrible???
    I'm no expert and I don't have FBTs, but as for you setup. It looks just fine for their setup. I've seen many like this. Maybe with a larger water source, but otherwise fine. If he is eating and acting normally then you probably have nothing to worry about. Keep an eye on any odd behavior.

Thread Information