Thread: Potential Red-eyed Tree Frog Owner...saying hello :-)

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Potential Red-eyed Tree Frog Owner...saying hello :-)

Hi all...I'm a long time frog lover. In the past I've had aquatic and semi-aquatic frogs and newts. Getting ready to branch out into terrestrial species and a little nervous about it. I've made dumb mistakes in the past and want to get educated so it won't happen again. So here I am!!

Currently I'm preparing a 20 gallon tank for a pair of red eyed tree frogs. Anxious to get the conditions just right and meanwhile waiting for my local pet store to get some red eyes.

I live in the SF Bay Area, love floristry, gardening, cooking and a bunch of other stuff I should probably put in my profile. Excited to make friends here! You'll see me around...going to post questions now...

Toni

KingCam

Default Re: Potential Red-eyed Tree Frog Owner...saying hello :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Shade38 View Post
    Hi all...I'm a long time frog lover. In the past I've had aquatic and semi-aquatic frogs and newts. Getting ready to branch out into terrestrial species and a little nervous about it. I've made dumb mistakes in the past and want to get educated so it won't happen again. So here I am!!

Currently I'm preparing a 20 gallon tank for a pair of red eyed tree frogs. Anxious to get the conditions just right and meanwhile waiting for my local pet store to get some red eyes.

I live in the SF Bay Area, love floristry, gardening, cooking and a bunch of other stuff I should probably put in my profile. Excited to make friends here! You'll see me around...going to post questions now...

Toni
    Hello, and welcome! I have no experience with red eyes, but you're in good hands here. There are many many red eyed keepers here.

If you're overly worried about moving into the terrestrial arena, might I suggest a grey tree frog? They are very hardy and will tolerate a much wider spectrum of conditions than a red eyed tree frog would. (Of course, I'm biased :P )

Nationality
    [United States]

Welcome
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Jdnocente

welcome to the site im new too! and a Red-Eyed Leaf Frog owner, had em for 3 yrs now
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Nationality
    [United States]

Beautiful!! They are such bright green!

Thread Information