Thread: Custom top ?'s and cloudy glass.

Dizzl

Default Custom top ?'s and cloudy glass.

So it has been a while since I have been on here. My living vivarium is doing great! So good in fact that I need to find a way to make a custom top for it, since my plants need more room to grow! I would like to add ten inches in height. The tank is 36 long by 12.5 wide. I would like the top to be able to hold two florescent fixtures for lighting with an option to add a dome lamp in the colder months with a fold down door on the front. Any ideas on how to build something like that would be great!

Also I have a big spot of foggy glass on the water side. It seems to be getting worse. It will not go away with my vinegar water solution that I use to clean the inside of the glass with. How do I get rid of it? Thanks.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

fluffypanda

Default Re: Custom top ?'s and cloudy glass.

do you have pictures of the tank? just curious. and do you plan on making the extension completely out of glass?

is it like a dried water mark? i had the same problem. if you take a razor glad to it it should come right off.

Louie

Default Re: Custom top ?'s and cloudy glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzl View Post
    So it has been a while since I have been on here. My living vivarium is doing great! So good in fact that I need to find a way to make a custom top for it, since my plants need more room to grow! I would like to add ten inches in height. The tank is 36 long by 12.5 wide. I would like the top to be able to hold two florescent fixtures for lighting with an option to add a dome lamp in the colder months with a fold down door on the front. Any ideas on how to build something like that would be great!

Also I have a big spot of foggy glass on the water side. It seems to be getting worse. It will not go away with my vinegar water solution that I use to clean the inside of the glass with. How do I get rid of it? Thanks.

"Also I have a big spot of foggy glass on the water side. It seems to be getting worse. It will not go away with my vinegar water solution that I use to clean the inside of the glass with. How do I get rid of it? Thanks."

Regular cheap hydrogen peroxide . Just put it on peper towel than wipe it on the foggy stain leave it for a couple minutes than wipe it off with more. It will not bother the plants . The water here is rock hard PH and after awhile stains glass a cloudy look . Hydrogen peroxide makes it look brand new.

Nationality
    [Sweden]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

If the "cloudy glass" is just mineral deposits from misting/fog, the worst part can easily be removed with a razerblade. After this, cut a lemon in half and give it a good rub against the glass and clean it thoroughly with water to remove the lemon residue. Extremly easy and cheap and it works like a charm

Dizzl

Well I got the water mark off with just a razor. That was easy! Thanks.

About the custom top, I would like to use plexyglass since it would be lighter if I ever have to remove it. Makes me wish I took plastics in high school instead of metals, since I failed it horribly.

Thread Information