Thread: great stuff

fluffypanda

Default great stuff

just incase you guys get great stuff where you don't want it. like in my case, your hands. if you don't have acetone, just normal nail polish remover helps get it off!

2. This member thanks fluffypanda for this post:

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: great stuff

Although rubber gloves are the best means to keep it off your hands..... it will happen at sometime in your viv building experiences.

Thanks for the removal info.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by fluffypanda View Post
    just incase you guys get great stuff where you don't want it. like in my case, your hands. if you don't have acetone, just normal nail polish remover helps get it off!
    This is good info Fluffypanda. Incase no one knows this. Acetone is one of the main ingredients of nail polish remover.

fluffypanda

I would agree on wearing gloves! i wore gloves and as soon as i took them off i got great stuff on my hand! so thats when i figured out that nail polish remover helps. i didn't know that there was acetone in nail polish remover, thanks GrifTheGreat!

J Teezy

pretty sure the acetone in nail polish remover is what makes it smell so strong

Nationality
    [United States]

Actually if you want to pick up Acetone for cheap go to Walmart and in the nail polish section if you look close enough you should be able to find one that is 100% acetone at a lower price then at the hardware store. I actually found this out when changing an oil pan gasket and needed some to get off the old gasket. The grocery store was the closest place to walk to.

Nationality
    [United States]

Be sure to use it in well ventilated areas because Acetone will literaly take your breath away. I work with it everyday. It evaporates faster than alcohol and has a very strong drying effect on your skin. Much like peroxide. Be careful with it. Also extremely volotile.

fluffypanda

i didn't know that grif! thanks. and another thing. the little straw like thing on the end of the great stuff bottle will get clogged if the great stuff dries in it. that happened to me because i didn't have any acetone so i had to buy a whole knew bottle! but with the new bottle i figured out that when you're done using it you and stick an unbent hanger in there and clean it all out! just a quick tip to save some $

J Teezy

i do the samething with my tubes of silicone. When done using stick a coat hanger down into the nozzle and then i put tape around the nozzle to air tight it

Kristen87

I had such a blonde moment. I knew that most nail polish had acetone in it so was trying to use it a few weeks ago to remove some expanding foam from my skin, but it didn't really work without scrubbing my skin raw... I was removing some nailpolish last night and noticed in big bold letters on the front "Acetone-free for healthy nails." GAH!

P.S. fluffypanda and J teezy - thanks for the nozzle clearing tip! That ones going to come in handy

J Teezy

yeah just have a coat hanger piece ready for as soon as you are done with the silicone. Air is silicones worst friend. If air can get down in the tube its going slowly dry it out

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Kristen87 View Post
    I had such a blonde moment. I knew that most nail polish had acetone in it so was trying to use it a few weeks ago to remove some expanding foam from my skin, but it didn't really work without scrubbing my skin raw... I was removing some nailpolish last night and noticed in big bold letters on the front "Acetone-free for healthy nails." GAH!

P.S. fluffypanda and J teezy - thanks for the nozzle clearing tip! That ones going to come in handy
    Too funny Lol! Don't worry it happens to the best of us.

Thread Information