Thread: White's Tree Frog - a lot of questions

laurensauce

Question White's Tree Frog - a lot of questions

Okay, here's some background. I'm not especially knowledgeable about herps. I do have a pictus gecko, who is cared for well. I have never encountered any problems with him. So when I was offered to take someone's dumpy, I didn't think it would be too much of a challenge. I do not know how old the frog is, but seems to be full grown. I have never heard it vocalize, so I assume it is a female.

Here's where I need help. I know I need to buy a new terrarium. The one she is in is far too small. What size/brand should I get? I need it to be affordable, preferable under $50. I know this would mean I couldn't have a door on the front, but I don't really mind. Also, opinions on tank mates? I don't know how social frogs are.

My final concern is I have never seen her climb on branches or plants. She is always either in her hide, soaking in water, of buried under moss. Should I be concerned? I believe she is eating. I rarely find cricket carcases.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

froglover

Default Re: White's Tree Frog - a lot of questions

Because she is a tree frog she will like a tall terrarium, except for the fact that she stays on the bottom buried under the moss. I had a white's for a while and she would do that alot. f the terrarium is to dry she will burry herself in the moss, and because she is in her watter alot i would say that is most likely the reason. I would recomend getting a spray bottle a spray down her terrarium at least 3 times a day. I assume you know that she needs watter without chlourine and a heat light which you can turn off at night. i would try that fist.

P.S. As far as her age goes, she can live to about 15 years. The oldest White's was i think 21.

Yep mine Whites is 15+ I hope he makes it to 21! lol

My 15 year old White's Tree Frog Hetfield (RIP 1996-June 4, 2012) and my little girl Lucy

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Just an FYI I seen a 20 Gallon High at Petco for $40 and then you can pick up a reptile screen top for about $15. I know its a little over $50 but I would go no smaller then a 20 gallon knowing how big Whites get. And as always with tree frogs always remember that taller is more key then width!

Thread Information