Thread: Whites Tree frog behavior

Unhappy Whites Tree frog behavior

Hey all, what would cause your dumpys to push away food? I have been feeding Hetfield regularly a few large crickets a week. He is still active in his water bowel, looks good. He purks up when he sees me, like he is ready to eat (what he usually does) then tonight I tried to give him a cricket and he pushed it away and backed up. I waited for a bit and tried again (I always have hand fed him) he pushed away a cricket again and this time crocked really loud then backed up. I decided to let him be for now. What bothers me is he did this just 2 months ago almost starving himself! I don't know what the deal is!!! Any ideas??

My 15 year old White's Tree Frog Hetfield (RIP 1996-June 4, 2012) and my little girl Lucy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Whites Tree frog behavior

Try letting him eat by himself. If he still won't eat, try placing a pre-killed cricket into his mouth. If he still refuses food, try feeding wax worms to him. Wax worms should be offered occasionally because they are high in fat, but they usually get reluctant frogs to start feeding again. Hope this helps!

Sanimal

JHansson514

My White's has been doing the same thing too lately. I have to hold a cricket to her face and kind of tickle her with it and on the off chance that she takes it, she spits it out again. I have tried meal worms previously, but she hates them. As for letting her eat on her own, I've tried that too. She is interested in watching the crickets, just not eating them. Sorry I don't have an answer for you.

Thank you guys for your replies, hetfield has been eating on his own then he will stop. I would have to force feed him then a few days later he will eat a cricket. So I am guessing this will be how he eats from now on. Just as long as he is eating once in awhile on his own I am ok with that!

My 15 year old White's Tree Frog Hetfield (RIP 1996-June 4, 2012) and my little girl Lucy

Thread Information