Thread: Quarantine help

thadmy

Default Quarantine help

I hopefully plan on picking up my clown tree frogs at the Taylor reptile show in a week. I was looking to get a small colony 3-5 depending on price and availability.

I have three quick questions for quarantine.

1.) How should I have my tank set-up? I had planned on using a vertical 10 gallon that will just have some plants and a water dish, would that work?

2.) Can I quarantine them all in the same enclosure or should I house them independently?

3.) How long should I quarantine them for? I was planning on leaving them in the quarantine tank for a month, is that enough time?

Thanks Thad

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Quarantine help

If you are putting into a new viv that you feel is ready for inhabitants and the frogs are all from one group, then you really don't need to quarantine since you are not adding new frogs to an existing group, and your not mixing from different groups.
    If you are putting into a new viv, make sure everything is dry right through and the silicone smell has gone away.
    Sometimes days after you think that GS is dry, some spurts out from out of no where and that would really mess a frog up stepping into it.

If they are from different groups then you would want to quarantine separated for about 30 days after you have proven they are feeding.

thadmy

Default Re: Quarantine help

O.k. yeah my tank has been up and running for a month and a half, and the leaves are starting to decompose so I figure the tank is healthy I plan on seeding with Isos or springtails just to keep the mold levels down even though I doubt my frogs will hunt them.

I plan on getting them all from the same breeder so I shouldn't have to quarantine them since they are from the same group and it is a new tank?

I figured you would be the first one to answer and your help is always GREATLY appreciated.

Thad

Thread Information