Thread: Help!! Frog ate bandaid!!!!!!!

carin

Default Help!! Frog ate bandaid!!!!!!!

my frog snapped at my finger and swallowed my bandaid.should we give it a oil based laxative? can frogs vomit? the frog is about 3.5" long--it is a pixie frog

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Help!! Frog ate bandaid!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by carin View Post
    my frog snapped at my finger and swallowed my bandaid.should we give it a oil based laxative? can frogs vomit? the frog is about 3.5" long--it is a pixie frog
    Do not give the frog a laxative with out a vets concent. You do not want the frog to vomit because this can turn into a really worse senario. You neet to take your frog to a vet that specializes and treats Amphibians. They may be able to remove the bandaid. I realize you were covering a wound on you your hand, you should never have an object that could be potentially swallowed and harm the frog. Its not really your fault you just need to be more careful

Seek a vet. Your frog won't be able to digest the bandaid and may become impacted or sick.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Help!! Frog ate bandaid!!!!!!!

Welcome to Frog Forum Carin! What is frog status? Did it pass the band aid or what did Vet said? Good luck!
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Thread Information