Thread: new set up started with pics

BigBlue83

Default new set up started with pics

I posted video about putting a pc of plexi glass in the middle of the tank and having half water half land. Well, i put the piece and let it cure for like three days, then i trimmed the excess silicone off (my first time working with it. fter that i added some turtle rocks and braches with water land and moss. Im not done yet. it looks to open and plain. since i have to go get crickets and a light for my pacman. im going to pick up some accessories. however till then this is what it looks like. sorry the pics are kinda dark. my house sucks for lighting..
    the firt one is of there old home, the rest is the new one (just gettting started) any suggestion, thoughts ideas are always welcome....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

BettaShawn

Default Re: new set up started with pics

Looks good to me Good job. Add some plants to 'spiff' it up a bit, its kind of boring at the moment.

BigBlue83

it is boring. but they LOVE the space and water. I have two and they were living together in a 5 gallon now its two in a twenty gallon. there swimming back and forth in the water and hanging out on the branch. cant wait to spruce it up some more tomorrow.

BettaShawn

Sounds like some happy FBT's! You may also want to consider getting maybe 2 more FBT's for both the current two FBT's and your enjoyment.

BigBlue83

yea being the space i now have was debating atleast one more. urlacher was the first had him bout 4 or 5 months by himself. then got the other one. when i first brought the other one home urlacher used to sit and hang all over it. however the frog nor urlacher minded they were content. i figured i had got a girl. since getting the other one urlacher hasnt eatin as much. now the other one is slightly bigger but more aggresive with food. also the other one is the one always hanging over urlacher. so im not too sure of the gender. thinking maybe got two males? i dont know ive never heard them make noise (however they had an aquarium top (till the new tank move) so im not sure how may other ones ill get as i said im thinking atleast one more. pretty soon im going to hae tp start breeding crickets. i already go through about 16 to 20 crickets every two days. ( my pacman is half that)

BettaShawn

Yeah I have a FBT thats been with me for about 3 years now, and he looks real small still. I got a friend for him, a little on the big side, still, up to this day, they are always on each other and the bigger one is always 'wrestling' with the old timer. Good friends. FBT's have such personality.

BigBlue83

when i first got urlacher when ever i put my hand over the tank he would start jumping around climbing walls now he just sits there he even lets me scoop him with one hand onto the other. same thing as the other one, but our bond isnt as strong as urlachers and mine. Specially since urlachers nere death experience when i saved him. ( for only three days later he escaped from the tank again and i found him on the living room floor. Funny though because my frogs never not one time tryed to climb the walls and escape then one days my 2 yr old daughter was climbing on the night stand and nocked the hole tank over and the frogs got out finding out that there was more to the world than that 5 gallons now a day doesnt pass that they dont ry to escape. and Urlachers good, hes escaped twice already almost dying once

BettaShawn

Really? My FBTs arent really that close with me. I mean, they do recognize me and realize that they are about to be fed, but they never just let me grab them. Not that I ever play with them or anything, but thats a cool bond. I had a FBT that escaped and was never found. My old-timer also escaped once, but we gladly found him just a foot away from the tank.

heyjude2200

I think some of it is personality too. One of my FBT's let's me handle him, feed him, and I swear, sometimes he sits there and looks at me. However, a couple of others still freak out when my hands are in the tank. Understandable--we must look like dinosaurs to these little guys.

s6t6nic6l

how do they clamber onto land or do they have to keep finding that one corner each time before they get too exhausted from trying to get up some glass wall?
    what method will you have in place to stop them dragging the soil into the pool? is the water filtered or have you to replenish with suitable water for their needs?
    are you having places of shade for them to use from the lighting i assume you will be incorporating into the setup?
    any updated pics?

BigBlue83

Quote Originally Posted by s6t6nic6l View Post
    how do they clamber onto land or do they have to keep finding that one corner each time before they get too exhausted from trying to get up some glass wall?
    what method will you have in place to stop them dragging the soil into the pool? is the water filtered or have you to replenish with suitable water for their needs?
    are you having places of shade for them to use from the lighting i assume you will be incorporating into the setup?
    any updated pics?
    to answer all your questions: yes i have other rocks along the wall for the frogs to climb, not to mention my frogs are not dumb they know where to go, not to mention they can climb the wall with out rocks, theres turtle rocks on the bottom and ive seen them get in and out countless times! the branch is there to stop the little bit of soil, whatever it doesnt stop so be it. I clean my frogs water and tank very nicely thank you.
    as for the water no its not filtered why trust a filter that goes bad? i change my frogs water every three days. take out the old and replace with fresh poland spring! there is no lighting, my living room is lite enough. the light in the pic was just that for the pic. they have a hallowed log and a very nice plant that they actually sit on the leaves to be higher from the water or closer depending on how high of a leaf they sit on.
    yes i have updated pics. just havent posted them yet

Thread Information